Anyone have any luck with getting video games?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nitstalker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
I just got the service a week ago... I saw they have video games... figured would be great to try out some Xbox games I would like to try but not worth buying... I've added 40 some 360 games to my queue and they are all high or very high demand...nothing has shipped yet... Anybody on here get games through it? What's your experience with it?

Stephen

I never had any luck with blockbuster with video games, even before the blockbuster buyout. I do believe that new titles are released through Blockbuster mail service three months after they are initially released and that they don't order as many games as hit hollywood movies and that makes a long wait for someone who has a copy of a game and is sitting on it until they beat the game.

No...have not had any video games with mail system, I am lucky to still have a blockbuster open so I have done exchanges that way

I tried it back when I was a member. I got a couple games but they were a few years old. Anything even remotely recent wasn't available. Like Ohioandkev said, blockbuster puts a delay on new release games and even once that is over you are still gonna have a really hard time getting the game you want.

I use gamely for PS3 and 360 game rentals. They have everything on release date and do a much better job of keeping up their stock. It's still hard to get huge games like Halo 4 or The Last of Us on release date but you will get them in a week or two instead of several months. I float back and forth between a 1 disc plan for $15 and a 2 disc plan for $22 depending on how many games I want to get in any given month. I know that sounds high per disk compared to services like BB at home but if you're someone like me who was buying multiple games every month at $60 a pop it's worth it.

Not in forever. I think the last video game I rented from BB mail was Lego Lord of the Rings (PS3), which was like a year and a half ago. Since then, like you said, does not seem to matter what I try and add. EVERYTHING is "medium demand" or higher.

Even the movie section, which has been good, in the last month or so, most everything on my queue is now "medium demand" or higher.

If it was not for the movie channels, I would have long since cancelled the service.

Personally, if you want to rent games, I would suggest going with GameFly. It's more expensive, and I'll be honest, shipping speeds leave something to be desired at times (especially in comparison to Netflix mail), but you'll at least get your games. Or Redbox, if you only care about new releases, and only rent a game or two a month. However, with Redbox, there's the issue of late fees, and definitely not as convenient as mail service.

I have about 6 games at the top of my list for about six months now and have not gotten any of them. They all say high demand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts