Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I have the Blockbuster Movie Pass and am sad to say that I am having some bad luck with it.

A few weeks ago ordered a movie and got an email it shipped. 2 weeks later I still haven't gotten it so I went on the website and report it lost / never arrived.

I am happy they quickly turned around and shipped me another one which got here in 2 days.

Today I got another movie that I order, and went to open and and took the disc out of the envelope and the disc is cracked in half. :(

I just reported it broken and they said another one is on its way. I am hoping I don't get the boot for somany problems which were not my doing. :(

I don't think they would kick you out.. this seems to be common. I didn't receive a movie either and then they sent me the next movie in my queue... I've only had them for 2 weeks and not off to a good start...

I received my first disk by mail this past Monday, all was well. I sent it back on Tuesday, got an email that they have received it this morning. All is working fine, here, right now....

I haven't had any issues but I've only received three games. I know there seem to be plenty of other people having some issues.

The first few discs I got were fine, just the last two I have had problems with... and I feel bad as they were blu ray discs, not cheap!

I signed up just after they started, and I have to say I'm actually having really good luck with them. The thing that is going to suck is when the postal service makes their cut backs. It sounds like that will add an additional day coming and going, plus possible elimination of Saturday delivery... I also have to say, I absolutely hate the on demand UI on the 722K. It is horrible.

I think it's kind of ironic that Scott of all people posted this OUTSIDE of the BBMP forum. :p

I'm waiting for the 922 release before I give it a whirl. Any MN'sotans using it? Not sure where "our" distrbution center is located.

My very first disc, a Blu-Ray was cracked, too.

Out of the 30 or so movies and games that I have gotten from blockbuster one game came completely cracked down the center and another only part of the label was cracked but played fine other than a drive noise when the air resistsnce hit the cracked area.

I've had one cracked disc received from them, plus two different discs that kept skipping over a significant portion of the movie (5+ minutes). One of the discs I took back to a local store and they simply took a disc from their shelf, gave it to me to replace the damaged disc, and didn't even make me do an in-store exchange, which was fantastic customer service! After watching it I was able to still do my in-store exchange. :clap

I've had a few bad/damaged discs from Netflix too, and I think that it is part of having physical media mailed that these problems do arise no matter what company is providing your discs. We have to just hope they effectively get the bad discs out of the system correctly so those same bad discs aren't going out multiple times.

But don't say it!!
Some people will say that why you complain of it, if it's the bestestest service ever! because they give you HD channels!, games!, streaming! in store exchange! WOWOWOWOW worth $100 (luckily is only $10).
If only half of those thing worked well.

I also have lot of bad luck with it: The local store closing after I added the service (Now it is a furniture store :p), movies taking too long to arrive, receiving another movie that wasn't in my queue, no streaming yet (only had 922), the games that I want will be available like in 4 months or so, and half of the channels aren't even movie channels, and some of them not in HD...

Just hope that it worked like it is supposed to, because it has potential, but it is not good right now.
But I'm hoping for it to improve, so I can add the service back.

I have the Blockbuster Movie Pass and am sad to say that I am having some bad luck with it.

A few weeks ago ordered a movie and got an email it shipped. 2 weeks later I still haven't gotten it so I went on the website and report it lost / never arrived.

I am happy they quickly turned around and shipped me another one which got here in 2 days.

Today I got another movie that I order, and went to open and and took the disc out of the envelope and the disc is cracked in half. :(

I just reported it broken and they said another one is on its way. I am hoping I don't get the boot for somany problems which were not my doing. :(

Last edited: