??? ABOUT Block Buster rentals

gokartergo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
Ca
My wife wanted to watch Big Brother season 3 or 4. I put it in my queue.. It comes up has Unavailable.. I have a few in the queue that say short wait and some that say long wait.. But what does Unavailable mean?? If they don't have it why put it up..

Netflix lists dvds they don't have in stock also... they have a "Save" button that adds the title to your save queue. Supposedly if enough people save a video they will consider adding it to their stock, at which point they automatically move it into your queue, but that's only happened to me once. I usually remove a dvd from my saved queue if it's been there a long time.

Just found the "Definitions of Availability Statuses"

Available: Title is currently in stock, and we anticipate that it will be available for shipment when requested.
Short Wait: Title currently has a few more requests than copies available for shipment. We anticipate that the title will ship within the next 2 weeks.
Long Wait: Title currently has a high number of requests compared to the number of copies available for shipment. It may take 2-4 weeks before we can ship you the title.
Very Long Wait: Title either has a limited number of copies or an unusually high number of requests. It may take 6 weeks or longer before we are able to ship you the title.
Coming Soon: Title is either on order or is not currently available for rent. Please check the Release Date on the product detail page for title specific information.
On Order: We have ordered this title, and now we are just waiting for it to arrive at our distribution center so we can send it out to you.
Unavailable: We don't currently have any copies of this title in stock.
Unknown: Motion picture was released theatrically and the studios have not yet announced a DVD release date.

Is your default Blu-ray? I had the same thing with a season of Smallville, changed to standard DVD in the queue and it then showed as available now.

Change my settings to DVD took them out of my queue and refreshed. Then added them again and still unavailable.???

I added them to my queue to check and had the same results as you. I also have netflix and they don't have it either.

My wife wanted to watch Big Brother season 3 or 4. I put it in my queue.. It comes up has Unavailable.. I have a few in the queue that say short wait and some that say long wait.. But what does Unavailable mean?? If they don't have it why put it up..

Those seasons are out of print and maybe Netflix/Blockbuster had to quit renting them/return to the studio/destroy them when they went out of print because of the agreements with the studio.

Since both Netflix/Blockbuster have revenue sharing deals with the studios, that must include a time limit for how long a rental is offered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)