$10 charge for block buster?

Chalk this up to another poor "Change Management" from Dish. I was aware of the Blockbuster something or another and they offered BBMP which consist of streaming content and disc by mail. What I didn't know was the combination with platinum and the drop of any reference to platinum in BB@Home package. I just went to check my account because of some Starz info floating about and I saw BB@Home on my account for $10/mo without me authorizing it. Well, that sets me off on a pizzle and I deleted it from the account. Something was odd so I came here to learn the real detailed information with this package. I became enlightened and returned to my account to find that nowhere is it spelled out that BB@Home includes the channel set I was receiving. I re-added the package to restore my programming... and just shake my head. Come on Dish, give us a clue on your official website, without having to stumble upon that one needle in the haystack.

From the Dish site... said:
"Here's your home screening room: Blockbuster @Home™. Exclusively from DISH. Blockbuster @Home gives access to 100,000 titles including unlimited movie, TV show and game rentals by mail and unlimited in-store exchanges*. Plus get over 20 great entertainment channels and stream thousands of movies to your TV, computer or iPad. Starting $10/ month for 1 disc at a time.
*applicable to games that have an in-store price of 99 cents per day or less"

Plus get over 20 great entertainment channels means the stuff I was already getting?

I think you will find most people used a little common sense. They looked and saw the same channels they had before, but now had many added things for no cost. I can not believe the belly aching over getting a good deal.

I think you will find most people used a little common sense. They looked and saw the same channels they had before, but now had many added things for no cost. I can not believe the belly aching over getting a good deal.

You've been on this site long enough, of course you can believe it! ;)

Plus get over 20 great entertainment channels means the stuff I was already getting?
:confused:

Yeah, the nerve of Dish Network to give us extra stuff for no additional cost! :D

I may start my own "I'm leaving Dish for [insert favorite provider here]" thread. These freebies are killing me! :lie:

Hmpf. I removed movie pass from my account because I thought the bill was creeping up and they added something I didn't want. I didn't notice any programming gone so I guess I wasn't watching those channels. I had no idea until right now that this was my old platinum package.

I'm not sure that having blockbuster (where streaming video never worked on my 722k for an entire movie) and access to dvd's that you don't know anything about is of much extra value. I honestly can't believe anyone would use the clunky dish interface for streaming video even if it did function properly.

I've been with dish since about 1996 and I think they are really missing the boat. There are two HD televisions in my household that are not even connected to the dish system because it's too much of a hassle. Netflix or amazon meet the needs of these viewers.

Hmpf. I removed movie pass from my account because I thought the bill was creeping up and they added something I didn't want... ...I had no idea until right now that this was my old platinum package.

This was the point of my post above. I use the Platinum package, but never realized it was rolled into the BB@Home entry on my bill. You have to peel some layers until this is apparent.

For the record, it's a good deal, in the "something for nothing" category.

Short of knocking on your door and telling you face-to-face, I don't think Dish could have done any more to let subscribers know. Personally I got:

-Bill insert with info about the name switch and streaming for free.
-separate letter with similar info
-An E-mail with the info along with my Autopay info.
-A SEPARATE e-mail with the info
-A Dish NEWSLETTER e-mail with the info (three e-mails)
-Another bill insert the following month and a free PPV movie coupon (I will never use) with instructions on how to get the movie instantly by streaming the BBMP, and TYPED INFO ON THE PAPER BILL ITSELF telling me about the change of name and the new streaming and how to get more info
-An automated phone call (I hate these)
-Finally the name change on the DVR prompt.

Then there were 7 threads with the info here that were at or near the top of the Dish forum with the info.

So what more could dish have done? Personally I felt bombarded, but there are those that never even look at inserts or e-mails and then blame the company because some one didn't tap them on the shoulder and tell them to their face!

How about naming the service with a self-revealing title, such as Platinum w/ Blockbuster@Home? Could you grant me that? That'd put it (relevant information) in the one spot that I look at, itemized on the bill. All the other stuff is clouded by the barrage of noise which is the plethora of adverts and inserts and email solicitations that we wade through.

No. I will not grant you that! they changed the name from Platinum to Blockbuster! It's not rocket science! Did you also miss that you WEREN'T being changed for Platinum? I don't know about you but 8 separate communications directly to me from Dish about the change in 30 days is a pretty good attempt to communicate this change. It wasn't hidden or in code. I just had to actually read, not glance at my bill. And things like are exactly why I insist on a paper bill.

I don't know about you but 8 separate communications directly to me from Dish about the change in 30 days is a pretty good attempt to communicate this change.

I'm glad they got to you and you were on top of the situation. They missed me and surely many more.

I can see how I missed it. If the communications referred to "streaming" I definitely would have ignored it. Streaming doesn't work on my Dish system. Even if it did work I don't see how "You can watch this event in xx minutes" is streaming. But just to see if I was out of the loop and maybe dish streaming works I reviewed other threads in this forum....

Nope, apparently still doesn't work.

I can see how I missed it. If the communications referred to "streaming" I definitely would have ignored it. Streaming doesn't work on my Dish system. Even if it did work I don't see how "You can watch this event in xx minutes" is streaming. But just to see if I was out of the loop and maybe dish streaming works I reviewed other threads in this forum....

Nope, apparently still doesn't work.

Works fine for me, once I can FIND something to stream with the clunky interface. Just finished up Season 2 of Boardwalk Empire before my free HBO/Cinemax runs out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)