Anyone have issues with PTAT last night?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

llars

Original poster
Dec 6, 2010
Out There
I went to watch Person of Interest late last night and it wasn't coming up in my recordings. When I looked in the PTAT folder all I had were a few shows from ABC, the other networks did not have any shows listed from last night. My regular timers went off like normal, it's just the PTAT that got screwed up. Wednesday it recorded fine. Anyone else experience this?

I went to watch Person of Interest late last night and it wasn't coming up in my recordings. When I looked in the PTAT folder all I had were a few shows from ABC, the other networks did not have any shows listed from last night. My regular timers went off like normal, it's just the PTAT that got screwed up. Wednesday it recorded fine. Anyone else experience this?
You may have had a momentary loss of signal. There is a known PTAT bug where after a signal loss only ABC will be recorded

Last night I too did not get any of our PTAT recordings from any of the big 4 OR any of the timer recordings we have set during PTAT hours on the majors either. The only thing that recorded during our PTAT hours was a timer set for a channel that is not on the major 4 networks. Lost 6 programs due to this! Very frustrating............

Last night I too did not get any of our PTAT recordings from any of the big 4 OR any of the timer recordings we have set during PTAT hours on the majors either. The only thing that recorded during our PTAT hours was a timer set for a channel that is not on the major 4 networks. Lost 6 programs due to this! Very frustrating............

Are you in a market being affected by the satellite migratin?

The only issue I had was two of the 10pm programs I record from PTAT didn't appear in my recordings. I have series timers set up for all the shows I watch so that I don't have to go digging into the PTAT folders every time I want to watch something. The 8pm and 9pm shows worked fine. But around 10:30pm I noticed that Scandal and Do No Harm weren't showing up in my recordings. Although I could go into the daily schedule and it showed both of those programs as recording. I simply went into the PTAT folder and clicked save on each episode which made it appear in my recordings. I just can't figure out why it didn't appear there like it usually does. That's the first time that's happened that I know of.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Okay thanks, I wish there was some explanation as to what caused it.........
You afraid somebody is gonna kick in your door if you tell us what city/TV stations you are in? ;)

Last edited:
Okay...here I go again....on my family room hopper all my PTA channels are designated at PT in the guide. I also have series timers set for some of these and yet, none are recording. When I go to the red button, only the two tuners show, one as watching and the other as a non major network recording. This is the second night in a row this has happened. My other hopper is working as it should and all are recording that should be.

Okay...here I go again....on my family room hopper all my PTA channels are designated at PT in the guide. I also have series timers set for some of these and yet, none are recording. When I go to the red button, only the two tuners show, one as watching and the other as a non major network recording. This is the second night in a row this has happened. My other hopper is working as it should and all are recording that should be.

I performed a power reboot and when it came back up it now shows PTAT as recording. As happy as I am that this seemed to do the trick, I can't figure out what caused it in the first place. There were no software updates and was not effected by the sat migrate as suggested earlier. Only think I can think of outside of the Hopper beginning to fail is the nightly update may have become corrupted two nights ago.
Thanks for listening to my minor rant........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)