Please reply by conversation.

Trip

RabbitEars Webmaster
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Jun 21, 2008
Alexandria, VA, US
I went to watch Bill Moyers this evening and found no signal on OETA, even though my signal is normal on Montana PBS and the 12180 mux. Is anyone else having problems or is it just me? (I feel like my dish is finally aligned right to follow the arc and don't want to go tinkering if it's not at my end.)

Thanks.

- Trip

yes this has happened alot lately

daytime its real bad (low signal..no existent) to later in the night back to normal

Strange. This is the first time I have had signal issues with OETA since I got my dish lined up a few weeks ago.

But thanks for confirming. And it's back now for some reason.

- Trip

And just like that, back to zero again, down from well above the decoding threshold. I'm very confused.

- Trip

Yeah, it's been going up and down here all day. I've also had trouble with Louisiana Public TV the last two days....of course, I noticed they've been broadcasting high school and college football, so maybe they're redirecting their uplink power? Earlier today I got up to 74%; now it's back to the story of last night -- none of their 3 stations on 87W are scanning in (just ch. 8 Baton Rouge, and a football feed whose channel label starts with "LPB").

right now LPB is using that TP for a DVB feed (football game) but once the game is over it will probably go back

Yeah you got to remember LPB will use there stuff for different things, other day it was a political broadcast, but it always returns when they are done with what they feel is top priority.;)

Yeah you got to remember LPB will use there stuff for different things, other day it was a political broadcast, but it always returns when they are done with what they feel is top priority.;)
So, who depends on the 87W signal with the 3 channels, and what happens to those that depend on it when they take a break for football?

I'm sure LPB uses a fibre connection between the different stations...maybe this is backup?

So, who depends on the 87W signal with the 3 channels,
backyard dish folks?

and what happens to those that depend on it when they take a break for football?
It depends if anybody is using the feed outside of the fibre connection...
I know there is a feed out there that shows college football & hockey games and some cable companies have a channel just for that feed so it usually says "no signal" when there is none.

But I know on the LPB site it says "OCCASIONAL KU BAND"
http://beta.lpb.org/index.php/site/satellite/

Ahh.. so although they're on the air about 90% of the time, it's really just the backup / occasional feeds. Pretty cool that they're on almost 24/7 then!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)