Anyone having problems with hbogo?

Teehar

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2010
WNC
Was trying to get hbogo set up on the roku but,hbogo keeps saying I don't have an HBO subscription.We have the 6mo 1/2 off promo and hbogo was working a week or so ago.Can't login with pc laptop or roku.Did a chat with tech support and did a reset of the pw but still the same error.Also tried with FF and IE.

Just tried, I got in. Picked "sign in" then it asks provider, picked Dish, used my Dish username and password and was in.

Thanks Tampa8.Not sure what the issue is.I pmed maryb maybe she can find the bug!

Just so everyone is aware, premium channels do have a limit on the number of devices that can be authorized. Go to dishonline.com, My Accounts, Authorized Devices and be sure your device is listed and the maximum number of five devices has not been reached.

* Devices are auto-activated once you watch premium content from networks like Starz and Encore.

Still waiting for the issue to be resolved.We only have 1 active device listed.Tech said they would get back to me in 48hrs?Dishonline works fine but,still get the it appears you don't have an HBO subscription error on hbogo.

Still no dice.Just did another tech chat and now they are saying that they are aware of issues.They are saying that the issue with hbogo is happening to the 1/2 off customers.Can anyone confirm that?We are getting the 1/2 off for 6mos deal.Funny thing is that it was working great up until a few days ago.

Still no dice.Just did another tech chat and now they are saying that they are aware of issues.They are saying that the issue with hbogo is happening to the 1/2 off customers.Can anyone confirm that?We are getting the 1/2 off for 6mos deal.Funny thing is that it was working great up until a few days ago.
I have that deal, and can access HBO GO on any device I've tried. (if only Dish would put the app on the 922 and Hopper!!!)

Thanks garypen.

Now I'm starting to get annoyed.No one at Dish seems to want to resolve this issue.I've tried dirt and 3 tech chats each time it seems I get a different story.The kindlefire just got the hbogo app couple of weeks ago and now the wife can't use it.Dishonline isn't compatible with the kf.

If anyone else has the 1/2 off HBO deal can post and share your hbogo results I would appreciate it!

I have that deal, and can access HBO GO on any device I've tried. (if only Dish would put the app on the 922 and Hopper!!!)

Did you already have HBO and call to get 1/2 off? I wonder if it is just new subs to HBO at half off? I have HBO (have subbed for years) and it works fine...

Did you already have HBO and call to get 1/2 off? I wonder if it is just new subs to HBO at half off? I have HBO (have subbed for years) and it works fine...

Nope hadn't had HBO in yrs.They called and offered it for 6mos 1/2 off,we accepted.Longtime sub.As I said earlier it was working then poof it quit.

I had the same problem, and had an online chat yesterday with Dish about it. Here's what they said (which sounds like BS to me, but who knows... BTW, i DID have a promotion for HBO, but it ran out a month ago.

Ian (ID: Z7D): Hi, my name is Ian (ID: Z7D). How may I help you?
Ian (ID: Z7D): I have your account open, I am sorry if you are having an issue, I will be glad to get this resolved for you. If you like movies please be sure to ask about our half price movie packages offer, you could have access to up to 9 movie channels for less than 30 cents a day.
David: I'm trying to use HBOGO and HBO says that I'm not subscribed to HBO thru Dish, but I am
Ian (ID: Z7D): Thank you David one minute please.
Ian (ID: Z7D): David that may be a browser issue, if you log out, close your browser, clear cookies and cache then reset the browser, log back in it should work.
David: Um....ok
David: Let me try
Ian (ID: Z7D): Okay.
David: Nope
David: I tried on my computer and on my ipad
David: Both no go
Ian (ID: Z7D): OKay, let me check, we were having an authentication issue with that earlier it may not be fixed.
David: Even after clearing cache and cookies
Ian (ID: Z7D): David, apparently there is still an issue with the site regarding authentication, engineering is working to fix that, if you try back later it may be fixed
David: Ok...but...
David: I've been with dish for about 4 months and it has NEVER worked for me
David: But I received a Roku box today so I decided I definitely wanted to get it working
Ian (ID: Z7D): What browser are you using, if it is Firefox 13 then that will be the issue, that browser is not compatible.
David: I can't believe that it's been an issue this entire time
David: Tried Chrome and IE
David: And the iPad app
Ian (ID: Z7D): Thank you,
Ian (ID: Z7D): I will submit a report to engineering regarding this, it has not been an issue that long so it should work for you. What operating system are you using on the computer please?
David: Windows 7
Ian (ID: Z7D): Thank you, and what make of computer please?
David: Lenovo
David: But I've tried on multiple devices so it's not a problem with my computers
Ian (ID: Z7D): Thank you, I will send that report in and hopefully engineering will be able to access your account and get this fixed.
David: It’s a problem with Dish or HBO
David: I used to have AT&T Uverse and HBOGO worked on the same devices when I was with them
Ian (ID: Z7D): It will be a problemwith the online system, they will have to go in and check the settings to see what is causing the glitch.
David: So it has to be a Dish issue
Ian (ID: Z7D): It is.
David: So....how will I know they've fixed it?
Ian (ID: Z7D): If they have a fix you wikll be able to use those sites within 48, hours if not chat back and we will follow up .
David: So you won't contact me to let me know you've taken care of things?
David: And if they don't "have a fix" I'm just out of luck?
Ian (ID: Z7D): We will get this fixed for you, you are not the first that has had this issue.
David: That seems like a pretty poor way to treat your customers
David: So someone from engineering will contact me?
Ian (ID: Z7D): No, ewngineering does not contact customers, if they are able to fix it from their end you will see the fix within 48 hours,.
David: So I have to just keep trying?
Ian (ID: Z7D): Yes please.
David: And if it doesn't work it's on me to keep nagging you guys?
David: Again, that seems like poor customer service
Ian (ID: Z7D): If I was able to fix this for you, I would do so , but I do not have access to the websites to make any fixes, sorry.
David: With most businesses, when a trouble ticket is entered, they contact the customer when things are fixed to confirm
David: I’m not expecting you to fix it this moment
David: I’m expecting Dish to follow up to let me know it's fixed and confirm its working
David: I don’t think that's unreasonable
David: Do you?
Ian (ID: Z7D): I understand. However there are too few peopple working in engineering to be able to contact customers to klet them know an issue has been fixed.
Ian (ID: Z7D): It is not unreasonable at all.
David: But it won't happen?
David: Nice.. I guess I'm just used to better service for businesses I work with
Ian (ID: Z7D): My apologies for your dissatisfaction. Hopefully this will be resolved quickly.
David: So it's 100% on the customer. We just are expected to try over and over again
David: And contact you over and over until someone does something?
David: Unbelievable
Ian (ID: Z7D): Unfortunately that is correct.
David: So to be clear, someone from Dish may or may not fix this in the next 48 hours?
David: And if I find it to not be working then, I need to start all over again?
Ian (ID: Z7D): If you still have an issue after 48 hours I will need you to chat back in please and let us know.
David: Is there anyone I can contact that can do something to correct this? So I don't have to go round and round in circles in the hope that someone might possibly do something?
Ian (ID: Z7D): Let me give you an email address that will be your only other option. feedback@customermail.dishnetwork.com.
David: At the very least is there a ticket number or, some sort or reference number?
David: So I can document that I put in a request?
Ian (ID: Z7D): Yes, you may reference this number XXXXXX
Ian (ID: Z7D): That is the chat incident number, we do not create ticket numbers.
David: Ok....thanks for trying

I was wondering the same thing. I've been an HBO sub for a few years and was offered 1/2 off HBO for 6 months with the Roku offer. I can still login to HBOGO just fine...

I have the 1/2 off HBO deal and can use HBO2GO just fine on my iPad. I've subscribed to HBO in the past but wasn't an active HBO sub when I got the 1/2 off deal (I only get HBO for True Blood)

Looks like its just certain accounts with the 1/2 off offer having issues.

Thanks Zachs for taking the time to check into it.Also thank you MaryB.Hopefully engineering will get it resolved soon!

Anyone else having hbogo issues please post here,hopefully that can help Dish to figure out where to begin to fix it.

FWIW, either my online chat yesterday or Zach from today came through. Either way, i just got a call from Dish that it's fixed, and indeed it is!

-d

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)