Anyone having THIS crazy 522 problem?

Slyster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 21, 2005
I have a 522 running on 239... and I have around 65 'events' currently using around 30 dishpasses and a few timers. No problem. But as I delete events, or add timers, the number of events goes up to crazy numbers. Like 400 events... then I will delete one and BOOM.. it's now at 550 events. i can't add anything then since "The limit of events has been reached".. once it gets up to maybe 600.. it then crashes and does the disk diagnostic and restart.. then it's fine.. unless I delete a timer and do a search and try to add an even already present.

Yikes.. this is one SCARY bug... it is starting to get very tough to set new timers.. any timers.. sometime I can add a few shows... then it says limit exceeded and the only option is to reboot the thing. Over and over again..

Heard of this one? I sure hope 250 fixes this.

Do a power cord reboot and if that doesn't fix it call Dish and ask for a replacement for your wacked out 522. If you are still under a year you should be covered for the costs , if not then add the dish home protection plan for 5.99 and after they send you the replacement cancel the protection plan.

Didn't help at all.. again.. to clafify- it will say "370 events" and if I actually count them (even showing skipped) there might be 60... if I delete one.. or add one... it immediately says like 520 events.. then an hour later 700.. then it crashes.. reboots.. shows correct number (60) and then starts to climb up again in a few hours back to 700+ and crashes.

It's a problem... I know how the unit works and what timers I have set.. somethings wrong big time.. and am I the only one to have this problem? It just started a week ago. with 239.

I wonder if I need to get a whole new unit?

Alright, I flipped through my schedule and saw that 700 episodes of ESPN News was set to record. :eek:

I deleted those and the box froze again. I soft reset and tried to record a program, and the box froze again.

Pull the cord and let it reset and everything is back to normal for now.

Update, did a memory dump and now I can not reproduce the bug. The memory dump did not erase my programs so far, so good.

That stinks! For myself.. the problem never was timers.. even when it does get over 400+ events (every few hours) I can manually count them and there are only 30 or 50.. even with skipped showing. So I see what you did.. but am amazed it messed up your system??

Yes real messed up ,I can't set timers. I babysit my guide every 2 days. So when I see something amiss (like this week A&E moved 3rd watch to 8AM and I didn't have a pass set up) i'm SOL.

When I go into schedule my box will freeze and reset. When the 700 plus count fixes itself, I press done on the schedule it freezes and resets.

I hope the 2.51 update fixes this.

Kaydigi,
I dont know if this is related or not, but I noticed this past week on my 625 that all kinds of weird events and timers were setup on their own and I know for a fact that the second remote was not used and nobody else did it. The reason I mention this is that one program being recorded a TON was ESPN news, along with paid programming, delta force 2, miami animal police, all kinds of weird things. Anybody know what can cause this? Also, my caller id does not work on the box, and the line is plugged in and tested ok, and caller id is enabled on the box, and caller id works on the phone. Any help would be appreciated. THANKS!

After the memory dump, power cord pull, front face reset, and overnight guide update everything seems straight so far. It's been working fine for the last 2 days.

During that same bad stretch my 721 didn't record Private Ryan or Enemy of the Gates, it said can't play program. I have both on DVD but damn!!!! :no :(

Update: My 522 is now working fine again.. after a full week+ with those crazy problems.. nothings changed.. same 239 etc.. haven't a clue what happened.. but thankful to have it back.

Slyster said:
Update: My 522 is now working fine again.. after a full week+ with those crazy problems.. nothings changed.. same 239 etc.. haven't a clue what happened.. but thankful to have it back.

Same here. Has been stable for about 6 days now.

Update, the search button bug has returned. When I try to search by using the # button in dual mode, the box automatically crashes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts