Anyone having trouble with Dish OTA HD tuners?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Add Kansas City to the list. KMBC 9.1 (OTA channel 7) comes in at 100% and drops out a lot. I must have had 20 "lost signal" screens last night on my "Lost" recording (ironic, huh?). The other channels seem OK, but there may be more that I'm not seeing. This is since L4.03. I don't recall having this issue with L4.01.

Brad

KMBC 9.1 seems to be fixed now. It must have been a local issue. Keeping fingers X'd.

Brad

I have a 622 and my locals OTA have never been that great. I am 12-15 miles from all the network towers but while most of you blame the 622 tuner, I have always blamed my antenna. We are talking about OTA locals not received through DISH, right, the ones you receive by hooking up your OTA antenna to the back of your 622?? :confused:

My reception didn't change with the 4.03 software. I get between 75%-90% most of the time but the picture doesn't stay. It will drop and go to the yellow screen, then pick back up or it will get pixelated, etc. I don't dare record an OTA HD channel as I would lose a lot of the show I wanted to watch.

So again, why is the 622 being blamed and not the fact that you live far from the transmitter tower or live in the city with a lot of interference, etc? When you go straight from your antenna to the TV, does it still drop the signal or only when plugged into the 622?

Just wondering...

So again, why is the 622 being blamed and not the fact that you live far from the transmitter tower or live in the city with a lot of interference, etc? When you go straight from your antenna to the TV, does it still drop the signal or only when plugged into the 622?

Just wondering...
It seems to be a problem that didn't exist before one of the recent firmware updates. And if you look at post #7, he says that the problem doesn't exist with his TV tuner when it uses the same antenna.

My OTA's will just quit working, and I will have to reboot my 622 to get them back. They all have 80+% signal, but all stop working at the same time. Didn't do that with 3.66, but with this 4.03 software, it does it all the time. Mine also works fine with the TV tuner, but not with the 622.

My 211 has sound drop outs all the time. Sometimes so frequently that I can not understand what they are saying. Dish says thaey have nothing to do with the OTA signal. Their receiver just passes it through. I say BullSh*t! What do you think about Dish's position?

Attention Dish Engineers:

I have a solution to your OTA reception problem. Go into your code repository, look up whatever version you were using in January, and RELOAD THAT CODE. Jeeez, this really shouldn't be that hard. Especially when broadcom writes most of the sample code for them. It really shouldn't be that hard to do a diff between the crappy code they released and the code that worked a few months ago.

Its also amazing how long it still takes for them to either admit they have a problem or realize they have a problem. People have been reporting this bug here for awhile now. I'm sure the eventual fix (about 5 months from now) will be an option for us to disable the OTA tuner and sign up for dish HD locals :).

Also a problem for me on the West Side of Madison, wI. STILL happening too...getting frustrated...anyone know of any updates on the horizon?

Just buy an activated VooM box and get rock solid OTA if your set does not have a built in tuner. I have both so my 211 is turned off when I watch my locals. I have until July on my commit with E* and they will have to come up with some compelling reason not to pull the plug.

Add me to the list, except I have a Dish 942 receiver. I was able to pick up CBS (46-1) will relatively few breakups back in the summer/early fall, but now it's unwatchable. I can only rember one or two updates to the 942 receiver since the fall.

The signal strength is around 92, but it suddenly drops to zero, then back to 92. My TV tuner does not have this problem. For those of you who live in Atl, I'm in the Virginia Highland area only about 3-5 miles from the towers.

Add me to the list, except I have a Dish 942 receiver. I was able to pick up CBS (46-1) will relatively few breakups back in the summer/early fall, but now it's unwatchable. I can only rember one or two updates to the 942 receiver since the fall.

The signal strength is around 92, but it suddenly drops to zero, then back to 92. My TV tuner does not have this problem. For those of you who live in Atl, I'm in the Virginia Highland area only about 3-5 miles from the towers.

Live in Missouri City, Tx. (burb of Houston, Tx). Same problem here just started in the last few weeks or so, TV tuner works fine with OTA. Run it through my 622 and HD cuts in and out and does other weird things but yet the 622 is telling me that my signal is 100%.

By the way, if I walk to the front of my house, I can see the broadcast towers that are used for HD in Houston.

MY 622 has pixelation issues about every 60 seconds while watchin OTA. If I switch to the tv it has no issues. Signal strength is 90-100 when this is happening. I agree, if the issue was not their before 4.01, then its an easy fix, why not correct it.

For the first time today I couldn't turn on my 622. It was on an OTA local and the box was stuck in a reboot cycle, 3 times before I pulled the plug and it settled down. And when I change to an OTA channel I get the big yellow screen, and then, poof, channel pops on at 100% strength. I never had any issues until my SW went from 3.65 to 4.03. Now my wife can't turn on the box without my assistance, and when I'm not home she can't watch any of her shows if the box doesn't stop rebooting.

Count me in. I live in Columbus, Ohio and started having trouble with the OTA signal of our local FOX station as soon as the 4.01 upgrade took effect. There was some improvement with 4.03 but the picture is still far from stable. HELP!!!!

Delete all your OTA channels, do a hard (AC cord) reboot, redo the OTA scan to add the OTA channels back in and see what happens.

Delete all your OTA channels, do a hard (AC cord) reboot, redo the OTA scan to add the OTA channels back in and see what happens.

I did that and it made no difference. Then E* sent me a replacement receiver. When I turned it on it download the same firmware as the old receiver and does the exact same thing. Move the coax from the receiver to the TV and every channel comes in rock solid!

I did that and it made no difference. Then E* sent me a replacement receiver. When I turned it on it download the same firmware as the old receiver and does the exact same thing. Move the coax from the receiver to the TV and every channel comes in rock solid!

If your signal strength is 100% it may be too high and is overdriving the Dish ATSC card. Put an attenuator on the coax line or turn off the preamp if you are using one so that your signal is 75 to 85% range.

If your signal strength is 100% it may be too high and is overdriving the Dish ATSC card. Put an attenuator on the coax line or turn off the preamp if you are using one so that your signal is 75 to 85% range.

It worked fine before the new software and the problem seems to be exclusive in some cases, at least in Madison(3.1), to a particular channel and not all OTA. I think dish might have a problem with the software. Putting extra stuff on the cable is not something I would do.

It worked fine before the new software and the problem seems to be exclusive in some cases, at least in Madison(3.1), to a particular channel and not all OTA. I think dish might have a problem with the software. Putting extra stuff on the cable is not something I would do.

I have an amp on mine. Before 4.01, the amp was on and my channels were fine. After 4.01, I had to turn the amp off and then my channels were fine. After 4.03, I had to turn the amp on again.

It's up to you but if you don't try everything then all you have left is frustration.

Want a fix? Go out and buy OTA tuner that isn't made by Dish Network. My 811 OTA tuner is crap, has been for months. Haven't been able to watch OTA without receiver locking up and rebooting. With another tuner, was able to pull in more stations, have stronger signal strength, less problems of losing signal, and better EPG for OTA locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts