Anyone heard anything about The Tennis Channel?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shy007

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 26, 2005
South Carolina
Any news if directv will be adding this channel anytime soon? It's hard to understand why they haven't added this channel.....

Hard to understand? You're kidding right? Getting the tennis channel makes about as much sense to me as getting another gospel/shopping channel. I would rather have quality over quantity any day. No offense, I like playing tennis once in a blue moon but a channel devoted to it? No way.

Oh I forgot, we MUST have a golf channel and don't forget the 2 channels devoted to soccer. Bring on the tennis.

Tennis, in my opinion, is a far more interesting sport than golf.

How many 60+ yr olds you see playing soccer and tennis? hmm. Golf is an old person and elitist sport. Neither of these fit me.

I would welcome the golf channel getting the boot and tennis being put in its place, but that won't happen. If the Tennis channel gets added any time soon, it'll be part of the sports package.

I wouldn't hold my breath for this channel being added for some time though. But who knows, maybe we'll get lucky.

ps Looking at athletic women in skimpy outfits is not the only reason I like tennis - its just the major reason =P

clayky said:
Oh I forgot, we MUST have a golf channel and don't forget the 2 channels devoted to soccer. Bring on the tennis.

Yes, those channels can go away also. I like all sports but there are too many channels taking up space devoted to it. Again, give me quality (better pic) than quantity. If they are going to go ahead with these channels then please add WATCH PAINT DRY channel. :no

Of course this is YOUR opinion. Personally I can do without Jesus Christ channels 1 2 3 4 and 5, but there's no sense in whining about it.

clayky said:
Of course this is YOUR opinion. Personally I can do without Jesus Christ channels 1 2 3 4 and 5, but there's no sense in whining about it.

I agree 100%. Get rid of the previous channels discussed, the hallelujah channels, shopping channels and the 30+ music channels. Sure if D* wants to keep a couple I could live with that but a serious thinning out is necessary. I was flipping through the channels the other day and came across a channel that was doing a livestock auction. Why the hell do they need to take up bandwidth for a channel that is auctioning off bulls and heifers? Give me a f-ing break.

I wholeheartedly agree Sharpie, but you must remember one person's trash is another's treasure so to speak. That's why Baskin-Robbins sells 31 flavors, unfortunately for DTV, each flavor takes up bandwidth....

Well I prefer the music channels only as a replacement for radio and they really don't take much transponder space.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)