Anyone Here Actually Work For Dish Network??

What happens if the customer refuses to sign the W/O for job completion because they're pissed and ask you to take it all back immediately?

How do you overcome that?
I would call dish and let them know the situation..Indicate the customer refused to sign and why. Also I would have my dispatch enter notes on the account to cover us...
I actually had an incident similar to this....
It was a simple two tv install. The cust had an old system on site
D-300 ..I took that dish down and put up a d-500 with two 301's...When it came time to sign off after the activation..she balked because she didn't want to commit to 18months.. I pointed out the decline option..She didn't like that either...She got pissed and demanded an explanation from dish..So she called in and after 20 mins, the CSR told me to take the EQ out..I was pissed becuase I thought we weren't going to get paid ..But because i had activated the EQ, we were in the clear..And because the idiot cancelled over her hissy fit, she got nailed for the$49.99 ..Oh yeah, the best part was this bimbo wanted me to put her old dish back on the mast....I just looked at her and told her she should consider stand up comedy as a hobby....Well she was fuming when I left..Tough darts ,honey..

The rsp I used to work for had a 7 day rule. If you had to do an upgrade within 7 days, you were getting paid exactly the same as if it were the first day. This bit me ONCE on an ahole customer who ordered a 4 TV set up, but only had 2 TV's. I had the work order modified to be only 2 TVs because I didn't want to face being charged back for them not getting the other 2 tvs for 6 months and not remembering how to hook them up. After getting porked by this customer, I walked off of every job where the site was not ready, even service calls. Screw 'em. The customer expects me to have the proper tools and equipment, and I expect them to have a clean, safe work envoirnment for me, and to have all the equipment they are required to provide.

Also, I don't appreciate getting bitched at by morons about not bringing their free DVD player that I have nothing to do with.
Fortunately my employer looks to get the jobs done..They do not punish us for doing the w/o as is..If the cust changes their mind, that's fine...They can deal with Dish...If we show up and the EQ on the w/o is not what the cust claims to have ordered and we install what is on the w/o my employer is ok with that even if two days later, the customer wants to swap out for new stuff. As far as we are concerned, we did the job as ordered and it is completed and closed....
I find it amazing the stories I read on here about how other contractors screw their techs for the littlest stuff..Just to avoind having to pay fro legitimate work...
On the free this and free that uissue..If the cust insists on these items we have the customer call Dish and let them hash it out.. At thta point I am out of it and I go on to my next job.....We do not get involved in pissing contests between Dish and ther customers..Not in the job description..

umm, since when did Dish ever give away free DVD players?
Dish does not..Some ads of sales partners indicate a free DVD player to the cutomer..The problem is the cust thinks the tech is supposed to have the DVD player(valued at probably less than $30) in hand..This is the worst type of customer..Not only do they not bother to read the ENTIRE ad before ordering, this type of customer is one of these entitlement jerks who thinks everything is free of charge...
I actually walked off one of these jobs..The customer wanted their free DVD player..The cust insisted that "they" said I was to bring it...I was in no mood to hear his bull sh*t so I said that we provide the satellite service not the DVD player..The customer kept insisting.. So I told the cust that they had to settle their dispute with the retailer..So I just called my dispatch, told them the cust was beligerent and I left...F-'em.

Last edited:
Who to install?

All of this being stated and me on the consumer end reading it, how the heck do you find a good installer?

I am in NJ (Central Mercer County) and really want to get a everything done properly. I would not normally have an issue with hooking everything up, its just I have a problem with heights and sloped roofs :eek: .

Can you guys point me in a good direction or am I at the whim of Dish?

All of this being stated and me on the consumer end reading it, how the heck do you find a good installer?

I am in NJ (Central Mercer County) and really want to get a everything done properly. I would not normally have an issue with hooking everything up, its just I have a problem with heights and sloped roofs :eek: .

Or the whim of the installer. Flip a coin.

I am sure there are local contractors willing to come out to your home and do a good job at the price agreed upon..

...Sir, I would do this job for you tomorrow but you are a 10 hr drive from here..Probably not a real smart move for me as I would use up what I charge you to pay for gas to get there....
I hope you are able to find someone reliable..
Fear not. There are a lot of us out there....

Sorry to drag this one up from the depths of wherever they go to when they fall off the radar .. but ....

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone (via PM?) who works in the Tulsa call-center.

I've been thinking about possibly applying for a position here (Yeah Yeah I know a lot of you are going to tell me that its a sucky job .. but I have my reasons.) and would be interested in speaking with anyone that may be able to answer a few questions about the work environment etc.

Please send me a PM if you think you may be able to help.

:)

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts