Anyone here have a skywalker-1?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
I am looking at purchasing one (used) from someone and was curious if anyone here has one and what their impressions are with it.

I really want to play with TSreader and I notice a few people here have 8psk modules so since I love to play with gadgets I figured the genpix device might be fun.

I have one and haven't found a single problem with it. I have it packed up right now ( we're moving to Holland , Mi ) but generally I have it on a 90 cm dish with Invacom QPH031. The dish is driven by a Merc II. My system works well, anything that the Merc detects , but doesn't acquire, I look at with the skywalker-1 . It's a good toy ! Very educational .
:)

HOLLAND! You gonna be a Tulip head now? :)

What's going on in Holland? I haven't been up there in a while. It's so close, yet just far enough to not go often.

Thanks btw for the info.

My wife wanted to get near some water. First I checked out Seattle for a week, but decided the real estate was too high for my newly retired budget. We found a lovely place a mile south of Lake Macatawa and a mile east of lake Michigan. Close on it tomorrow morning. My van has a lot of junk in it including the 90cm dish and a bunch of cable. Exciting times !
:)

hmmm, A van with lots of FTA stuff in it! :)

Congrats on the new place. I know the general area you are in, should be nice and relaxing.

I'm using one and love it.
I started out with a stb and then a Nexus-S.
One issue I had with it was my own fault. I went to power cycle it and pulled the molex plug instead of the inwall plug and burned out the dc-dc convertor.
sent it back to genpix and it was repaired and shipped back out the next day.
Total turn around time was 4 days coast to coast. He backs his stuff up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts