Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
If so quick question for ya

When KSTP/KSTC changed around their PSIP info did Directv correct it too and put KSTC 45 as 5-45?
I checked a spreadsheet for D* and it shows "5" as the number which is wrong.

Also I assume they havent added MeTV (5-3) or country network (23-3) yet either?

Sadly, from what I've read they aren't adding any new subchannels to the database for the AM21. In fact it hasn't been updated in several months.

The HR34 is doing a scan for ATSC channels, and allows the ones not in the directv zip code based database. There is no guide data for them, but at least they are tunable.

Personally, my hope is that they will add the scan capability to the HR2x line, since they have it in the HR34 the programming is there.

Not a perfect solution, but an improvement. Ideally, they sell the add-on for $50, they need to invest a little labor in updating their database for station changes, even if only a few times a year.

Sadly, from what I've read they aren't adding any new subchannels to the database for the AM21. In fact it hasn't been updated in several months.

The HR34 is doing a scan for ATSC channels, and allows the ones not in the directv zip code based database. There is no guide data for them, but at least they are tunable.

Personally, my hope is that they will add the scan capability to the HR2x line, since they have it in the HR34 the programming is there.

Not a perfect solution, but an improvement. Ideally, they sell the add-on for $50, they need to invest a little labor in updating their database for station changes, even if only a few times a year.

I did not realize the HR34 had a OTA tuner in it, D* was determined to get AWAY from the OTA stuff, now they are going back ?

Your referring to the AM21's right with the HR2x line ?
I believe they no longer have OTA tuners in the existing HR2x's, how would they add scanning ability ?

No no, speaking of the HR34 with an AM21 tuner hooked to it. It scans for OTA channels in addition to the zip code database.

No OTA tuners in DirecTV products since the H20/HR20.

The AM21 is just a tuner, it can scan. The reason the HR2x line doesn't scan is software. The HR34 does, so they have the software capability. My hope is they expand that to the HR2x line.

No no, speaking of the HR34 with an AM21 tuner hooked to it. It scans for OTA channels in addition to the zip code database.

No OTA tuners in DirecTV products since the H20/HR20.

The AM21 is just a tuner, it can scan. The reason the HR2x line doesn't scan is software. The HR34 does, so they have the software capability. My hope is they expand that to the HR2x line.

So, the AM 21 has the ability to scan IF they program it, thats cool ...
Wonder if they have any plans to do that.

getting back to the question at hand ;)

I know DIrectv is doing stuff with the AM21 because the changeover in Minneapolis (that I'm asking about) happened in October and DIrectv did move some of the other channels around.
Channels use to be 5-1, 5-2, 45-1 and 45-2. Both stations owned by same folks and they switched them around.
5-1 same
5-2 is now 45-5 (shows on spreadsheet as changed)
45-1 is now 5-45 (thats what I'm asking)
45-2 is now 5-4 (shows on spreadsheet as changed)

The main reason I want to know is 5-45 (KSTC 45) is now showing more shows in HD yet neither provider has it in HD so it looks like crap

Just did a antenna setup and all is the same Ice except 5-2 comes up with the "searching for signal" error and no MeTv 5.3 yet. They have not added 23-3 which sucks as I watch that channel once and a while over the air. I have not tried calling Directv yet but I don't think the CSR's will have a clue on what has to be done.

so no 5-45?
According to a chart I have it shows that 5-2 moved to 45-5?
If you plug in a Minneapolis zip it shows these (per that chart)

KSTCDT 5
KWCMDT 10_1
KWCMDT2 10_2
KWCMDT3 10_3
KWCMDT4 10_4
KAREDT 11_1
KAREDT2 11_2
KCCWDT 12_1
KTCIDT2 17_2
KTCADT 2_1
KTCADT2 2_2
KTCADT3 2_3
KTCADT4 2_4
KAWBDT 22_1
KAWBDT2 22_2
KAWBDT3 22_3
KAWBDT4 22_4
KAWBDT5 22_5
KAWBDT6 22_6
WUCWDT 23_1
WUCWDT2 23_2

KFTCDT 26_1
WHWCDT 28_1
WHWCDT2 28_2
WHWCDT3 28_3
WFTCDT 29_1
WFTCDT2 29_2
WCCODT 4_1
KPXMDT 41_1
KPXMDT2 41_2
KPXMDT3 41_3
KSAXDT 42_1
KRWFDT 43_1
KSTPDT2 45_5
KSTPDT 5_1
KSTCDT2 5_4

KCCODT 7_1
KAWEDT 9_1
KMSPDT 9_1
KAWEDT2 9_2
KMSPDT2 9_2
KAWEDT3 9_3
KAWEDT4 9_4
KAWEDT5 9_5
KAWEDT6 9_6

I have confirmed this with DirecTV corp. They made a business decision back in November. They would not tell me why but guessing at the DVR issues from last summer they stopped due to Guide data corruption issues when adding and also limited RAM space that they needed to speed up the GUI.

I threaten to leave DirecTV over this as I purchased an AM21 which can't get all the channels. They never told me before buying that they would not add any more sub channels. My market is missing many sub channels on the guide.
The way it works is DireCTV must map the channel in there DB for the AM21 to show them
They way it works with Dish, is they scan for all channels if its not listed you can still watch the channel you just won't have guide data.
With DirecTV you can't watch the sub channel at all. so sad

It does have 5-45 in the AM21 guide and it's KSTC-45. I have no idea what 5-2 is supposed to be. There is guide data but the "searching for signal" error.

So 5-1 is KSTP-5
5-2 is Unknown
5-4 is This TV
5-45 is KSTC-45

It's BS that Directv won't add the sub-channels of the local broadcasters.

It does have 5-45 in the AM21 guide and it's KSTC-45. I have no idea what 5-2 is supposed to be. There is guide data but the "searching for signal" error.

So 5-1 is KSTP-5
5-2 is Unknown
5-4 is This TV
5-45 is KSTC-45
Thanks!
5-2 use to be the 24/7 rerun of news/weather/twin cities live shows....its now on 45-5

It's BS that Directv won't add the sub-channels of the local broadcasters.
I agree.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)