Anyone in the CT/RI/MA area - know of this installer?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnner1999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
earth
I had DirecTV come out to swap me over fem E* to D*… and the installer didn’t “like” where I wanted the dish mounted. (side of house near roof, on a goo sized solid piece of wood (part of the rafters I assume? I use to have a 5LNB D* mounted in that location but 1 maybe 2 of the lag bolt holes didn’t line up so the installer used the center hole, and at least 2 other corners (I think three) and never had an issue with it moving! Anyway.. I respected the installer and thanked him!

About 2 weeks later this place calls me out of the blue saying that they know I had an install issue with DirecTV and that they can solve most issues as long as it can be done with more “out of the box” thinking or something like that. Hmmm I thought scam at first - it was a CT based number so that made me a little bit more comfortable. They knew when my appointment was, what package I wanted, etc… I said sorry no thanks - but after a few weeks I called them again and before I use them I was curious if anyone here has heard of them or used them:

HOME ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEMS

I found a Google+ page:
https://plus.google.com/106302954613196797553/photos?hl=en

and their website
http://directvdealer.com/connecticut/cromwell-home-entertainment-systems-installation-corp/

thanks in advance….

John

Give Orbitech a call at 860-223-DISH and ask for John or Peter and tell them I told you to call ;)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Just going to assume here but im going to guess that the first installer that came out was more of a inhouse installer for d which in turn means he has more rules and guide lines he has to follow for a quality install ( meaning if he gets the job qc he could get in trouble with the way you was describing you wanted it installed. The other guy that called you was probably a contractor ( meaning he basicly works for himself and dont have all the rules and quidelines ( technically he does but can get away with more cutting corners) not saying he wont give you the same quality installation but contractors can do some stuff in house techs cant.

From what i gathered in what you said in were u wanted the dish mounted the installer was only going to be able to get a couple lag bolts in for the mast. ( I am going to guess the area you are saying is on the eve or birdbox which is not an approved location anyway, but the installer is suppose to use 6 lag bolts on the mast, all 4 corners and 2 in the center ( which is suppose to hit a stud ) and if using a standard j-mast there is suppose to be 2 support arms with 2 more lags per arm. And if not done properly the installer if got a qc on this job would fail it and could possibly get in trouble and have to come back out and move it and mount it in a approved way, in which he wouldnt get paid for and also lose in the extra time coming out do it again.

I know I didnt answer your question, just wanted to give you a little insight into the first installer ( which i respect the part were you said you respected the installer and thanked him for his time, which i wanted to give you a little appreciation for not coming in and just bashing him. I just wanted to let you know why he couldnt do it, if he didnt let you know why)

Thanks for the insight - I knew most of that and I also respect not just his judgment but also the fact that it is "his" money I would be taking away if DirecTV sent some one out...

Scott - I called them at one point but sounded like they "focused" on enterprise

The location is solid wood and is very sturdy - in fact I still have the two anchor points still installed for the support arms.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)