Anyone in the Houston area get the CW in HD?

jlaavenger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 12, 2005
Anyone in the Houston area get the CW in HD? I know the web-site doesn't list it but I seem to remember soneone saying they thought they had it.

IF you are talking about DISH locals from Houston in hd off the 110 sat, no . The hd locals uplinked on the 61.5 sat have the Cw in hd but they are not active yet. Hopefully once the eastern arc is lit in September they will be activated and you can get a dish 1000.4 sat dish for the new service at 61.5 /72.7/77 slots.

I am in Conroe, TX which is just north of Houston. I get the Houston Locals in HD. I have KHCW Channel 039-00 and it is an HD channel. I am not sure if there is some special reason I have this channel, I have the America's Everything Pack.

I am in Conroe, TX which is just north of Houston. I get the Houston Locals in HD. I have KHCW Channel 039-00 and it is an HD channel. I am not sure if there is some special reason I have this channel, I have the America's Everything Pack.

Weird, the HD channel is not available to subscribers yet. Are you sure it is the HD supplied by Dish or is it 039-01 via OTA? What do you have at 6393?

Thanks. I havent got HD yet. Trying to decide between a Samsung LN52A750 LCD TV and a Pioneer Elite Pro-111FD 50” Plasma TV. But I'll decide soon enough. I figured Dish just hadn't updated it's web site yet. I'm pretty excited. Looks like eveything I watch is finally in HD. I'm in Cleveland, TX.

Weird, the HD channel is not available to subscribers yet. Are you sure it is the HD supplied by Dish or is it 039-01 via OTA? What do you have at 6393?

It is indeed the HD supplied by DISH. I also have 039-01 via OTA, but also have the -00 provided by DISH. I am not at home right now and cant check whats on 6393, I will as soon as I get home.

It is indeed the HD supplied by DISH. I also have 039-01 via OTA, but also have the -00 provided by DISH. I am not at home right now and cant check whats on 6393, I will as soon as I get home.

Called my sis in law who is at my house. I have no channel 6393, I am not sure what the other mapped channel number for 039-00 is, when I can get home and look for myself I will post it.

Called my sis in law who is at my house. I have no channel 6393, I am not sure what the other mapped channel number for 039-00 is, when I can get home and look for myself I will post it.

Both the HD and sd channels would be mapped down to the same location at 039-00 with the sd coming from 8374 and the HD from 6393. But as I said, the HD channel at 6393 is not yet available to subscribers.

Both the HD and sd channels would be mapped down to the same location at 039-00 with the sd coming from 8374 and the HD from 6393. But as I said, the HD channel at 6393 is not yet available to subscribers.

I'm gonna run home and see what I can find out and will take a pic.

Ok I think it's possible my KHCW is not in fact an HD channel. I just always assumed it was but don't watch it much. All my other channels that are something -00 are HD channels but it looks like its possible that this one is just a remapped version of the SD channel yet to a -00 Channel. I have set Smallville to record tomorrow night and we will see. But it is a -00 channel but it does not have a HD icon on it and isnt listed with my ALL HD favorites list. As you see with my other channels all the ones that are mapped to something -00 are not SD channels but HD channels.

Sorry for my confusion guys... looks like I was just wrong.
DSCF5737.jpg

I'm looking forward to hearing how Smallville looks.

I know the regular feed says CW availible in HD.
When I upgrade to HD will Dish offer me an OTA tuner and Dish or LNB as well? If so, any idea on how much it runs?

I'm looking forward to hearing how Smallville looks.

I know the regular feed says CW availible in HD.
When I upgrade to HD will Dish offer me an OTA tuner and Dish or LNB as well? If so, any idea on how much it runs?

Smallville looks incredible. OTA looks better than what Dish supplies and the Dish supplied one is pretty much the same as the old repeats on HD Net. Dish will upgrade your system, but if you already have an HD receiver you already have the OTA tuner built into the unit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts