Anyone in Tulsa with a 622 have problems with ABC?

jcrash

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
Tulsa
I'm looking for feedback from anyone in the Tulsa area with a 622 receiver.

I get 100% channel strength, yet I get dropouts and pixelation constantly. I've tried putting an attenuator on the antenna lead (I have a full size antenna mounted in the attic), and it doesn't change a thing.

All other stations come in perfectly.

You might contact the station in T-town see what their engineers say if they have had any issues on their end.

i also get poor reception from ABC Tulsa and i have 508 and 622 receivers.my signal is around 118. i think its ABC Tulsa problem and Poke is right about contacting engineers. i live in Henryetta about 60 miles south of Tulsa.

Have you tried running antenna direct to tv ?
This seems to fix the signal drops for me ... but does not help me record via the 622 of course.

:)

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=902257&postcount=108

For me in Tulsa ... All channels perfect apart from Channel 8. (ABC)

Note : Channel 8.1 is my only UHF channel - all the others are VHF .. not sure if this may make a diff...

Total drop outs every 3-4 mins have now been replaced with picture "stutters" and bad pixelation every 3-4 mins .... but drop-outs seem to be limited to about once every 10-15 mins now.

OTA direct to TV is solid. Signal Strength is 86-88 solid.

pre 4.01 picture was solid.

I am unable to record ANYTHING in HD if it is on ABC (unwatchable) ... damn annoying paying for an OTA installation and then having E* screw it up with a software update or three ... :(

Anyone else seeing pixelation/drop-out on 8.1/8.2 or is it just me. ?

Yeah it seems many people are having issues with this channel which at least tells me thats it' something on their end. If it was something else I would think you would see this on multiple local channels. If it was me I would give them a call 1st thing on Monday during normal business hours and see what they say.

As of about 5:00pm all my receivers are fine 622, Sony dhg, hughes htl and the integrated tv tuners are all receiving 8.1 fine. My antenna is outside and I am on the north side of Battle Creek. If you are pegged at 100% and getting dropouts you may be experiencing multipath interference and need to adjust you antenna slightly to negate so of the reflections in the signal.

As of about 5:00pm all my receivers are fine 622, Sony dhg, hughes htl and the integrated tv tuners are all receiving 8.1 fine. My antenna is outside and I am on the north side of Battle Creek. If you are pegged at 100% and getting dropouts you may be experiencing multipath interference and need to adjust you antenna slightly to negate so of the reflections in the signal.

So, are you saying you don't get dropouts on the average evening with ABC?

For the record, I've tried adjusting it from "slightly" to a "whole freaking bunch" and neither works. It just lowers the strength of the signal - dropouts still happen and eventually it lowers it enough to start getting dropouts on other channels due to lack of signal strength.

I have not had any dropouts, that I know off. I don't watch any live tv off ABC except the local news sometimes. I record Lost , Dancing With The Stars, Grey's Anatomy and so on and have not seen any problems in the recordings. I actually use the Sony for most off the local stuff, but just checking live tv last night, I had no problems.

I may just be lucky or your version of the 622 may be having problems. I had the problems you describe with my sister's system but on Fox23. 100% signal and constant dropouts and pixelating. Her attic has a weird layout and the signal was actually going through 2 vaulted ceilings and the roof. I finally gave up and just moved the antenna outside and that fixed it.

This is part of a bigger problem.

I am in Mandeville La, outside of New Orleans. I am having the same problems with ABC OTA reception from New Orleans with my 622. In other threads people in other cities are reporting the same type of problems with FOX OTA on their 622's.

Mine started by having timers go astray. They show up in the timers list (not skipped), but they simply do not record. It is not related to other timers "stepping on" them, or a "maxxed out" timers list. This has been going on for a few months now, and I didn't notice what software version I had when it began.

NOW - with the advent of 4.05, I get pixelization, jumping picture, and extreme audio dropouts. The sound is so bad that you cannot watch a show - only about 1/3 of it can be heard. AND - it is only happening with one OTA station - ABC, which is the same staion that the timers disappear from.

My signal strength is consistently good, and I get great reception & sound if I use my TV's built in HD receiver - it is only a problem with my 622.

This has to be software related - and probably related to the EPG. It appears to be happening to to many people in too many DIFFERENT loactions.

Hey Scott - how about some help bringing this issue to DISH's attention.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts