Anyone in WPB, Fl have interruptions in programs??

Walker1

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 17, 2005
Last night at the beginning of the Sopranos a loud noise from the weather bur. cancels out the sound on HBO. This was followed by an announcement about the weather. I had to listen to this about 10 times between 5 PM and 9 PM or so.

I just got C-cast and had Dish for the last 2 yrs. Can someone tell me when C-cast started "breaking into" HBO programming to let the weatherman talk?

I am extremely upset with this practice. I have a weather radio that does the same exact thing & will not continue with C-Cast if they don't stop this idiotic practice of interrupting premium channels.

How do you feel??

Comcast is not required to interrupt HBO for the weather. They would be required to interrupt it in case of Emergency Alert System tests, or a national / presidential Emergency Alert Activation.

I would suggest contacting them and letting them know you don't appreciate HBO being interrupted. OTOH, some subscribers who don't have a weather radio might appreciate the service.

Please note that all national satellite services (E*, D*, SA*, as well as XM and Sirius) must carry EAS tests and national activations.

Comcast is not required to interrupt HBO for the weather. They would be required to interrupt it in case of Emergency Alert System tests, or a national / presidential Emergency Alert Activation.

If they're not required to, then how come they do it EVERY time there's a weather warning. In fact, the other day, they blared their weather warning on ALL channels at 5:15 PM, telling us about a Tornado warning that had expired at 4:30, and had been cancelled at 4:00.

I've called numerous times about this and all they do is tell me that they're required to do it.

On a positive note, with my DVR, if I hit pause and wait several minutes, I don't have to listen to it, and my show doesn't get interrupted, since I've pause the live TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)