Anyone Interested in the Canadian Football League?

Iceberg, how does one receive the CFL feeds FTA?

My first date with my wife was at a Ti-Cats/Stallions game back in 1995. Now our 11 year old son loved watching the former Stallions in that game last night. Too bad they lost, but hey, it was a great game.

Is it just me or was that one of the best football games I have ever seen! Not bad for a bunch of hosers!

that was one of the best games I've seen and I've seen the CFL for about 6 years now :)

although it didnt matter at the end but the whole 13 men on the field for the Riders at the end of OT1 was just a cruel reminder of last years Grey Cup

Iceberg, how does one receive the CFL feeds FTA?

They are on KU Band but few and far between. Most stadiums have fibre but I think CanadInns stadium in Winnipeg and Taylor Field (Mosaic) dont have that so they use sat trucks

Sadly I just scan before the game trying to find it...I know TSN uses 4 or 5 KU Band satellites up there to pick from so its just scan and find (like it is for most sports) :)

Thats nice. Thanks for stopping by.
Tonight is Wendy's Friday Night Football :)

Well that just sounds like something that is not to be missed! I'll take East Dillon Panthers Friday Night football any day of the week. ;)

Enjoy your Wendys!

Sandra

Just saw a CFL highlight on ESPN while at lunch.

What's with the goalposts being in the FRONT of the endzone? The NFL figured it out years ago that having a giant protruding metal pole in the middle of the playing field is an obstacle and moved it back. What gives Canuck fans?

Just saw a CFL highlight on ESPN while at lunch.

What's with the goalposts being in the FRONT of the endzone? The NFL figured it out years ago that having a giant protruding metal pole in the middle of the playing field is an obstacle and moved it back. What gives Canuck fans?

Without those goal posts on the field of play, there would be a lot less footage of Football Follies from the old days!

Sandra

HD MM said:
What's with the goalposts being in the front of the endzone? The NFL figured it out years ago that having a giant protruding metal pole in the middle of the playing field is an obstacle and moved it back. What gives Canuck fans?
Well they can't full well put the goalposts beind the endzone, otherwise extra points would be 29 yards! :)

In all seriousness, with the kicking rules and the depth of the end zone in the CFL, they never could move the goalposts from off of the goal line.

The NFL moved the posts for both safety and because they foresaw the length that kickers would start making field goals. Tom Dempsey of the New Orleans Saints won a game against Detroit by kicking a field goal from the Saints 37 yard line.

But since the goal post is technically in the field of play, can't it be used as a screen like in basketball?

If I were a QB, I'd call a button-hook, looping the WR around the goalpost every time. As soon as he turns the corner, thus keeping his defender on the other side of the goal post, I'd hit the target. It's a sure TD every time.

Very strange sport when teams can throw long on fourth and goal from the 1 yard line!

Sandra

um....that dont happen
only 3 downs in the CFL.....

and yes they throw long on 3rd an goal from the 1...makes it more exciting. Also a guy returned a missed FG 122 yards for a TD...

Yesterdays Rider Vs Alouettes game was great. One of the better home openers. Also when they where talking to Ryan Getzlaf who was there to support his brother, I was thinking he has quite the nice girlfriend. Anyway im watching the Bomber/Ti-Cat game now.

3 things the CFL do that the NFL should take note of

1. no fair catches on punts..we aint wussies. Ya gotta return it
2. both teams get the ball in OT
3. celebrations are ENCOURAGED! :) (ok they do throw the flag when you get 8 guys doing a "skit" after a TD but normally they dont)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts