Anyone Interested in the Canadian Football League?

3 things the CFL do that the NFL should take note of

1. no fair catches on punts..we aint wussies. Ya gotta return it
2. both teams get the ball in OT
3. celebrations are ENCOURAGED! :) (ok they do throw the flag when you get 8 guys doing a "skit" after a TD but normally they dont)

I wish the NFL did ALL 3!!

The CFL tweaked the OT rule this year....if you score a TD ya gotta go for 2...use to be you could kick the Extra point

The CFL tweaked the OT rule this year....if you score a TD ya gotta go for 2...use to be you could kick the Extra point

When I lived in upstate NY, the local cable compnay at the time, Time-Warner, carried a couple of the sports stations from Canada and we watch the Toronto Argonauts games....it was fun. I went to ONE GAME in '89 in Hamilton against Toronto.

Things to get used to watching the CFL: 1) watching the receivers rushing the line of scrimmage,but not too fast to be called offsides. 2) keeping in mind that each team only has 2 downs instead of three to get a first down or score. 3) taking a safety on purpose 4) missing a field goal,but still getting one point(rouge) if the ball goes out of the endzone(I think the same goes for a punt going out of the end zone).
Otherwise I never really notice the twelfth player & the longer,wider field.

1. yep another good thing about the CFL.
2. There's 3 downs total but yeah most are 2 and outs
3. All the time....why give a team great field position when you can give up 2 points and have them start at their own 35
4. correct. Rouge for both punts and kicks that the other team doesnt bring out

3 things the CFL do that the NFL should take note of

1. no fair catches on punts..we aint wussies. Ya gotta return it
2. both teams get the ball in OT
3. celebrations are ENCOURAGED! :) (ok they do throw the flag when you get 8 guys doing a "skit" after a TD but normally they dont)

1. definitely agree with that one, I always liked that you have to return it, and they do have the restricted zone rule with it and they enforce it!

2. their overtime is almost the same as the college overtime except this season they changed the rules so that you have to go for 2 after all touchdowns, whereas college you do that after the 2nd round.

3. well there is a reason the NFL stands for no fun league!

4. I like the single and taking safeties because of the gigantic field, field position is twice as important in the CFL as it is in the NFL.

5. I wish they would broadcast all the games in the US instead of just a few.

2. There are only two "mini games" in OT in the CFL. After 2 minigames if still tied then its a tie
5. I agree.....or at least more than 1 every other week

I can't stop laughing every time someone on TSN pronounces the city of Regina exactly like it rhymes with a female body part!

This is great Arena Football on NFL network on Friday and CFL on Saturday, good job NFL Network!!

too bad the NFL Net isnt showing the Riders and the Stampeders...I ghetto rigged up my Shaw direct receiver to get TSN again :)

But its fun to see the AFL on Friday's and the CFL on Saturdays

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts