Anyone know about the dish upgrade some are getting?

Socio

Original poster
Jun 23, 2004
Hello,

I am getting Voom as soon as they get more equipment in my area, my install was slated for 6/15 now delayed until then.

Anyway,

I have been hearing about some Voomers getting dish upgrades to a 36.5 x 32.5 inch dish. The I also heard that these dishes are not same as the upgraded dishes to come later this year. So now I am confused and looking for some clarification. If in fact these upgrade dishes are the same and the ones allegedly due out later this year I want to call the installer and request that he install one of those and not the 18 inch model.

It is already taking to long to just get the install and I don’t want to go through the same thing trying to get an installer to come back later and install the dish upgrade that is just asking for frustration.

Thanks for any info

As far as I know, no one has received the "new" dish required to pick up both birds yet. The larger dish that some have gotten replaced the 18 incher because of rain induced fade of the satellite signal. At least later, when Voom rolls out the bigger dish in the fall, you will be able to watch the current Voom programming while waiting for the installers and Voom to get it together.

Voom needs to start getting the "new" dishes ordered and slowly upgrade their current customers. I guess they willnot do this until the agreement has been signed, which I heard was going to be in October 2004.

Ok, I guess I won't bother my installer about the bigger dish. I don't get a lot of rain where I am at so I won't be needing it for rain fade problems.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts