Can anyone tell me how to find what E* Sat my locals are on?

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Sorry, this really is a question for the E* Forum, but I just can't bring myself to post on the darkside. Anyway, how do I find which E* Sat my locals on? Also, while I do not specifically care to receive them...there are 2 or 3 PBS channels that require 2nd dish. I'm in the the Washington DC area and noticed that some of my neighbors have two dishes: one pointing 110-119'ish and the other pointing towards 61.5.

Can I assume the bulk of programming is coming from 110-119???
Can I assume the other 2-3 locals are coming from 61.5?
Where do I locate this information?

Offhand, it appears that requesting the 2nd locals dish will also take care of the VOOM dish requirement as well.

Thanks in advance...

riffjim4069 said:
So many smart VOOMers out there and so few replies...ok, no replies :confused: I can't believe the AVSForum beat y'all to the punch. :eek:
Yeah, so what is the answer? I would like to know if I need multiple dishes for San Francisco locals. Thanks Riff!

Simple, go to www.dishnetwork.com , sign on to your account and follow the links to add locals to your account. At some point it will tell you what sat they are on.

Or you can go to www.lyngsat.com and scroll through the packages till you find a station you recognize from your local area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)