North Texas/Oklahoma Panhandle/E. New Mexico

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

x_rayrob28

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2005
Amarillo, TX
Ok, so there's a lot of other areas listed, this is my area. More specifically in Amarillo. Anyone in these or surrounding areas that have questions about this area and Voom, feel free to post them here. I'll keep tabs on this thread and will respond as soon as possible.

My Stuff:
Voom - Receiving Local Channels ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, UPN, and TELEMUNDO with excellent signal strengths. Not picking up PBS right now, but that will come soon.
Satellite signal is excellent(usually 93), even in SNOW, RAIN, and HAIL!!!

Good Question :D
I would assume that since you're not that far away, you'd have a good choice of installers. The guys that installed mine go all over the Texas Panhandle, I'm pretty sure they would do NM too. The easiest way to find out is to call 1-866-931-VOOM (8666) or 1-800-GET-VOOM. They were really friendly to me and answered all of my questions before I even decided to order. In Amarillo, they use Sanders Satellite, Don's HiFi, Custom Home Theater and Sat., and Sears, but there are other installers.

More info:
http://www.voom.com/get_it/store_locator.jsp
This link will help you find a store, and installer near you!

YW
I think V* will survive and even outdo some of the competition. I have a lot of faith in them. A little faith in D*, and I've never really liked E*. When the talks were that E* was buying out V*, I got in touch with V* and told them that I didn't want to be switched under any circumstances, and if E* was going to take over my V* account and personal info, they can just cancel me.

I have/had BUD, not hooked up now and no HD... migrated to D* with first or second gen sd rca receivers, got E* because of loosing upn on BUD migrated mostly to E* but keep D* for distants (sent my card in saturday to keep) have 2 E* HD units... 6000u and 921 should have went with D* HD before end of year for HD distant NBC and ABC... so unless V* dvr is really good and the new Sat they go to keeps compression down I will wait...

Jamey, late though this reply is, I repositioned my OTA antenna, turning it slightly to the west from where the installer put it. But I guess that depends on what part of town your in. If Downtown is the center of town, I would move the antenna so that the long part runs nearly parallel with downtown.

What is interesting is, I get Fox's pg but not a bit of their signal. I've left it up on the menu so I can at least keep up with their schedule.

That's interesting. Have you checked the signal strength meter for that RF signal? You may be receiving the signal, but not enough of it to pull in the station. I think it has to have a signal strength of 80 to pull in the channel. I'll look into to this further and see what more info I can give you.

Thanks! I was watching American Idol OTA last night and really wanted pq. The signal to the DISH uplink isn't much better. How does the digital signal look?

After looking into this further, I decided to crawl up on the roof and reposition my antenna and fine tune it to pick up all of the channels. Here are the RF frequencies for all of our local channels and the signal strengths I get for them.
8 = KACV 88
9 = KFDA 99
15 = KCIT 96
19 = KAMR 96
23 = KVII 89

It takes a signal of 80 to lock on, but you won't see the station unless you have 85 or more.

This link can help you find where the stations antennas are located and where you might be able to point your antenna to pick them up.
http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/Welcome.aspx

Anyone Else Out There?

:confused:
Just wondering if there is anyone else in our area with Voom.
Thanks to JameyK and DFergie for their posts.

Lubbock gets Fox in HD!! I'd be happy if I could get Fox's digital picture here. I'm thinking pre-amp now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts