VOOM in Ranch Cucamonga North Etiwanda

David Dietzel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 21, 2004
Rancho Cucamonga
The Installs people had to reschedule my installation twice because they did not get their equipment from VOOM (so they say).

The installation itself went well and took 3.5 hours. Dish and OTA are on the top of the second story. The dish pulls in all the channels fine. The OTA reception, as expected, is extremely poor but is no fault of VOOM -- I'm up against the mountains and don't have a clear shot at Mt. Wilson -- will play around with my own antenna and amps later to see if I can bend the wavefront to my will.

Called VOOM customer service to get help with "My VOOM" account on their Web site. Support answered the phone quickly and was very pleasant and professional -- issue on Web site login failure is being addressed. No biggie. I'd have to rate their service and support as very good based on this limited contact.

PQ on HD channels is superb. SD channels are similar in PQ to E* SD channels (I have both VOOM and E* at this time, tho may drop E* if VOOM DVR appears from vaporware status someday).

My set is a new Sony KDF60XS9550. I can view VOOM and E* in side-by-side windows and jump between them effortlessly.

VOOM and all the carriers (Charter, Comcast, Direct, Dish) really need to offer local HD channels through their birds/cables, not via OTA, in order for HD to go mainstream. Hopefully that will happen in the next year or so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)