Anyone Know About This?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bmer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 22, 2006
I was cruising the dbstalk website and saw that when liberty takes over Directv according to their FCC filings they plan on having all DMAs serviced by the end of 2008. Is this true and is it possible? Just curious because I had heard nothing about it.

That's new to me but I hardly follow that kinda stuff, but It makes for some interesting reading though.

This is news to me also.

I was cruising the dbstalk website and saw that when liberty takes over Directv according to their FCC filings they plan on having all DMAs serviced by the end of 2008. Is this true and is it possible? Just curious because I had heard nothing about it.

By the end of '08 ???
Thats definately possible, seeing the new sats had better been up for quite awhile by then.

Jimbo

So if they move all HD to 99 & 103 you guys think they'll put locals on 110 or keep them on 119? Even with all HD moved from 119 adding all the remaining DMA's would be tough, they'd have to compress more than they already do. Eeek.

One thing, they (DirecTv) may have the DMA's all serviced but until DirecTv and Echostar make agreements with LIN, Sinclair etc.. they are not all completly serviced...(My opinion its not the providers, it's the station owners...greed:()

One thing, they (DirecTv) may have the DMA's all serviced but until DirecTv and Echostar make agreements with LIN, Sinclair etc.. they are not all completly serviced...(My opinion its not the providers, it's the station owners...greed:()

Absolutely true! I don't think there is one LIN station on D*. Unitl recently, LIN stations appeared only on Comcast and a few other cable outlets. It's definitely the station owners.

I read that late last year in a D* release. It was in a booklet that listed their plans for '07-'08. So yes, that is their plan.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts