Anyone know how to flash a Motorola HDT100 tuner?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

thisBUDsforyou

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 9, 2007
I have a Motorola HDT100 ATSC tuner for OTA that went haywire - I suspect that the firmware got corrupted. Anyone know how to flash this unit or where to find a firmware file for it? I emailed Motorola technical support and got the brushoff:

"Thank you for choosing Motorola. I apologize for the inconvenience you are having with your HDT100.

Unfortunately, we do not have any firmware for this unit, you may be able to find something by doing an online search. As for using the RS-232 port, we do not have any information if this would work. Since this is out of warranty, you can try and not have to worry about voiding the warranty.

You can also visit our web site at Motorola Connected Home Solutions to access your user's guide and frequently asked questions about your product.

Sincerely,"

There is a RS-232 port on the back of the unit but the user's guide doesn't say anything about it. I couldn't find anything about it on Motorola's website. Any suggestions appreciated.

I followed up with Motorola and got this response:

"Thank you for choosing Motorola. I spoke with my Supervisor and the RS-232 port was for use during manufacturing only, this was factory usable only. The customer cannot update the firmware on this unit, because there was never any firmware updates or upgrades for this unit. Sincerely,"

Sounds like I'm SOL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)