HDMI and toslink selector?

dahauss

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 31, 2006
Does anyone make a unit that I can feed up to 3 HDMI inputs and 3 toslink optical inputs (say from a HD DVD player or satellite box) and then select which ones go to the HDMI and TOSLINK OUTPUT? I need this because my TV only has one HDMI input and I want to get an HDDVD which also uses HDMI (I have something else alredy connected to the HDMI on the TV) and also my receiver only has 2 tosklink inputs and I need 3 so I have to get some kink of switch box. I would like to find a box with a remote so I can program my universal remote (logitech).

Is there such a unit for $100 or under? I have seen ones that do HDMI with a remote and manual switch boxes that do toslink but I was one unit that does both and doesnt take up a lot of room in my av cabinet.

Thanks...

-- Dave

I found a triple hdmi selector at Cirucit city for about 99.00 today. It works automatically and it changes as you turn on which component you want . I couldn't find a toslink selector though. I have to just pull one toslink out and move the other one in place when I need to . It works but it is a little bit of a pain to have to do this each time I want to watch something else.

hmmm

I found a triple hdmi selector at Cirucit city for about 99.00 today. It works automatically and it changes as you turn on which component you want . I couldn't find a toslink selector though. I have to just pull one toslink out and move the other one in place when I need to . It works but it is a little bit of a pain to have to do this each time I want to watch something else.

It would be almost impossible to pull out the toslink from my receiver. Its in the back of the receiver that is in a cabinet...

optical cable

I have a similar problem with my receiver only having one optical input. I purchased a splitter from ebay for about $6.00. I will be using it this weekend. If anyone has any experiences with it and says a splitter should not work, please let me know. And then I have a HDMI 3 port switch with is pretty easy to find.

I'm looking for the exact same thing, although I would like to find a 6x1 or 8x1 ... and so far all I've found is a 4x1:
4 port HDMI switch with Optical Audio routing. Version 1.3. 4x1 HDMI switcher for integration with HDTV and audio receiver

I have no idea if this is a dependable brand. I emailed them to ask them some questions a few weeks back and never received a reply ... not a good sign.

- Shane
i have this switch, it works great but is expensive, id reccommend the one from bestbuy its called pyschlone heres the link

Psyclone - HDMI Switcher - PSC47
it a 4 hdmi 4 optical port switch for 199.99
enjoy

I wish I would of seen that one before yesterday. I want this one it would be perfect and it looks like I will get the bestbuy receiver as well. I can always use the hdmi selector I bought from Ciruit city on my back tv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts