HDMI and toslink selector?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dahauss

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 31, 2006
Does anyone make a unit that I can feed up to 3 HDMI inputs and 3 toslink optical inputs (say from a HD DVD player or satellite box) and then select which ones go to the HDMI and TOSLINK OUTPUT? I need this because my TV only has one HDMI input and I want to get an HDDVD which also uses HDMI (I have something else alredy connected to the HDMI on the TV) and also my receiver only has 2 tosklink inputs and I need 3 so I have to get some kink of switch box. I would like to find a box with a remote so I can program my universal remote (logitech).

Is there such a unit for $100 or under? I have seen ones that do HDMI with a remote and manual switch boxes that do toslink but I was one unit that does both and doesnt take up a lot of room in my av cabinet.

Thanks...

-- Dave

I found a triple hdmi selector at Cirucit city for about 99.00 today. It works automatically and it changes as you turn on which component you want . I couldn't find a toslink selector though. I have to just pull one toslink out and move the other one in place when I need to . It works but it is a little bit of a pain to have to do this each time I want to watch something else.

hmmm

I found a triple hdmi selector at Cirucit city for about 99.00 today. It works automatically and it changes as you turn on which component you want . I couldn't find a toslink selector though. I have to just pull one toslink out and move the other one in place when I need to . It works but it is a little bit of a pain to have to do this each time I want to watch something else.

It would be almost impossible to pull out the toslink from my receiver. Its in the back of the receiver that is in a cabinet...

optical cable

I have a similar problem with my receiver only having one optical input. I purchased a splitter from ebay for about $6.00. I will be using it this weekend. If anyone has any experiences with it and says a splitter should not work, please let me know. And then I have a HDMI 3 port switch with is pretty easy to find.

I'm looking for the exact same thing, although I would like to find a 6x1 or 8x1 ... and so far all I've found is a 4x1:
4 port HDMI switch with Optical Audio routing. Version 1.3. 4x1 HDMI switcher for integration with HDTV and audio receiver

I have no idea if this is a dependable brand. I emailed them to ask them some questions a few weeks back and never received a reply ... not a good sign.

- Shane
i have this switch, it works great but is expensive, id reccommend the one from bestbuy its called pyschlone heres the link

Psyclone - HDMI Switcher - PSC47
it a 4 hdmi 4 optical port switch for 199.99
enjoy

I wish I would of seen that one before yesterday. I want this one it would be perfect and it looks like I will get the bestbuy receiver as well. I can always use the hdmi selector I bought from Ciruit city on my back tv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)