Anyone know if we will be able to get Redzone Channel a la carte

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have ST but it is mainly due to the lousy NFL TV schedule on my local stations. I live in New England where the Patriots are king, but I like to watch all teams, and there are several Sundays when the Pats are the only game on at 1PM. I'm sure there are other subs out there who have ST for similar reasons, other than just wanting to watch "their" out of market team. Although Red Zone is OK it is not a substitute for ST. I find that RZ is often late switching to games that are close to having a score, and it tends to stay with one game too long. I thought the idea behind the channel was to show you action from games that were close to scoring (i.e., inside the red zone), but in the past, I have seen RZ stick with the BIG GAME of the day even when a punt was coming up, even when one or two games had teams in the red zone. I find the 8 game mix channel to be of great value. I know it may seem difficult to concentrate on up to 8 games at once, but after some time you can develop a rhythm, and basically follow ALL the games. I don't see any reason why D* could not offer RZ a la carte or part of sports pack, and I agree it is probably lost revenue for them. If they did offer it to non-ST subs, perhaps they could use the money gained to offset the whopping price they paid for ST and maybe LOWER the annual rate which is getting ridiculously out of control.

Yep...$7.00 a month....it's called 'Multi-Sport Package'

Introducing NFL RedZone on channel 155 - the channel that will change your Sundays forever. Subscribe to Multi-Sport and receive NFL RedZone, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Network, Big Ten Network, Fox Soccer Channel, Fuel TV and 25 local sports networks.

Sports TV Channels & Sports Programming - DISH Network

Wow, not bad for $ 7

Do they have my local RSN ? In HD ?

Wow, not bad for $ 7

Do they have my local RSN ? In HD ?

They do....But as you may know its not 24/7 HD though some have said there have been some changes and now RSN's will be full time HD game only, but I think some on the Dish side have reported still not happening, its kind of like Directs "sports pack"

I dont know, the last few years I have debated not renewing Sunday Ticket, but then August kicks in and I find myself speaking to Direct discussing prices. On one hand I would not mind trying a one season experiment with Redzone, as I am a big fantasy player. But on the other hand I do enjoy watching a full game of Pats Vs Colts, Steelers VS Ravens and Eagle games and some of the other big matchups that sometimes are not shown. I see some of already starting discussing prices for the ticket or Redzone by itself, I think I may wait a bit untill the price hits my bill. Hopefully that will be happening next week as it looks like things are moving now for the agreement with the players/owners

I dont know, the last few years I have debated not renewing Sunday Ticket, but then August kicks in and I find myself speaking to Direct discussing prices. On one hand I would not mind trying a one season experiment with Redzone, as I am a big fantasy player. But on the other hand I do enjoy watching a full game of Pats Vs Colts, Steelers VS Ravens and Eagle games and some of the other big matchups that sometimes are not shown. I see some of already starting discussing prices for the ticket or Redzone by itself, I think I may wait a bit untill the price hits my bill. Hopefully that will be happening next week as it looks like things are moving now for the agreement with the players/owners

I can clearly see where the RZ channel would be a huge hit with Fantasy players.
This is where I for years talked about them splitting the Super Fan off of the HD package, I think the extra cost of the SF was mostly for the Fantasy stuff and if you weren't into it, you were getting socked with it anyways, just to see your games in HD.

I like to watch my game on one TV and have RZ on another TV to keep up with everything happening around the league. Don't play fantasy but I like RZ a lot.

Any folks who have tried thus far for just redzone and got it?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

Fine...leave it there. Just make it available on Sports Pack would be my pitch to DTV. To me, DTV has more to gain via SP subs than it will ever lose from ST subs. By and large, ST subs are bought by bars and individuals wanting to watch "their team" from another market. I doubt very few buy ST just to watch additional games for he heck of it. I'm sure DTV has the data on the popularity of ST pre and post RZ channel along with the ratings of each.

That is defintely understandable. Lots of bars and such purchase those packages, not just the ST, but NBA LP and MLB EI, and maybe NHL CI.

I for one get the ticket like said for my out of market team, but also do watch other games. During the 1pm est games when the 49ers, who usually play at 4PM Est, I will tend to either watch a few games by going back and forth. Or redzone channel. So I guess it is useful for it being in the ST package.

But also see the reasoning for it as a seperate channel. If The RedZone was in the sports pack, or put it like Dish did when I had them, it was like 49.95 a yr for it or 7.00 for it in their sports pack.

I think DirecTV would make more money in the long run. Also dont think they would lose much business from their ST subs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)