Anyone know what the deal is with my 722 reciever?

mcritt

Original poster
Nov 8, 2007
We just had dish network installed the day before yesterday.

That same morning I woke up and the reciever was making a fan typw noise...couldn't get it to work...called tech and she had me unplug it and reboot. Worked okay.

Last night my husband was having trouble sleeping and said the receiver started doing it again at 3:00 am and was still doing it when I woke up at 6:00. I did what the tech told me to do again and it worked.
My question is:
Is this the norm? Because it is a pain in the you know what! Should I call the people that installed or dish network about the problem could the reciever be defective?
Thanks

Fan Noise

I have the ViP622. When it gets hot the fan will run and it can seem awful loud. Mine was getting hot because the air flow was limited in the cabinet I had at the time. I replaced it with an open shelf stand and the 622 does not overheat; I've had the stand for over a year now.

So, look at exactly where you have your 722 and ensure it can "breathe freely" so it won't get hot/overheat.

I have the ViP622. When it gets hot the fan will run and it can seem awful loud. Mine was getting hot because the air flow was limited in the cabinet I had at the time. I replaced it with an open shelf stand and the 622 does not overheat; I've had the stand for over a year now.

So, look at exactly where you have your 722 and ensure it can "breathe freely" so it won't get hot/overheat.

Well the installer put it on top of my radiator cover....lol could this be the problem?

I had Dtv before and that is where that reciever was but never had that problem.

Should I move the reciever? Thanks!

We just had dish network installed the day before yesterday.

That same morning I woke up and the reciever was making a fan typw noise...couldn't get it to work...called tech and she had me unplug it and reboot. Worked okay.

Last night my husband was having trouble sleeping and said the receiver started doing it again at 3:00 am and was still doing it when I woke up at 6:00. I did what the tech told me to do again and it worked.
My question is:
Is this the norm? Because it is a pain in the you know what! Should I call the people that installed or dish network about the problem could the reciever be defective?
Thanks

I have the 722. At night it gets its "hits" and at times I hear the hard drive spinning around. However, I have never had to unplug it to get it to work. I doubt this is normal. The unit might be defective. I have had mine for almost 3 months and it works great. Call Dish tech support again & try to get an exchange. During the 1st 30 days they usually will swap out units without too much argumentation.

The fan is to cool the unit. Do you have it in an area where it can't get the heat out or have other pieces on top of it? You have to leave the top clear to get the heat out. Hope this helps.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts