Anyone know why MCE doesn't have the VOOM lineup

Flambe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 3, 2004
I would love to use my MCE box to record shows from VOOM (I know it gets the signal, and I'm ok w/ not getting full HD recordings), but MCE doesn't seem to have the VOOM channel line up!

Anyone know why? Is this a licensing thing?

-F

MCE = Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition. I just checked mine and it doesnt list Voom either.

It's there now

VOOM is showing up in my list of satellite carriers now (actually, has for a week or so). So, Windows Media Center is happily recording shows now! (well, those that the content providers allow you to - some shows/networks are DRM'd (like HBO)).

-F

Wait a minute. Are you running through a STB and then into the computer, or directly from a a split coax cable?
Are you then watching from your monitor, or do you have a system to get the recorded material on your main TV?

I happily record downrezzed HD to my Panny E85H then burn to DVD. I have burned over 150 DVD movies from Voom so far without a glitch.

Voom with XP MCE 2005?

If anyone could enlighten me as to how this works... I'm considering getting a MCE computer, since supposedly the 2005 edition supports HDTV. However, I'm wondering how to hook up the Voom receiver to it. Would I be able to record HD signals from the Voom box, or just off-air signals? And would I be able to record SD from the Voom box? Confused...

-TR

No, you cant record HD signals from the Voom box. MCE2005 only supports OTA HD.

I didn't hear an answer to this question yet.

Are you running the signal through your Voom STB via coax, s-video OR are you running the signal directly into the MCE using the RG6 cable from the dish?

Thanks!

pederb said:
If you had a capture card with component or RGB/VGA in you should be able to record HD right
Yeah, except there are none, Hollywood is too paranoid. :mad: :no

Just to clarify, I am recording the SD feed via MCE. no HD recording for me. Of course SD off of VOOM is still better than the old cable signal I used to receive!

I am looking forward to ah HD-capable DVR (it will immediately replace my MCE solution).

-F

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)