Anyone lose signal on East Coast

goingup

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2005
Did anyone else lose there signal on and off last night in the New Jersey area? I checked my signal level and it was fluctuating from 74 to 78. I believe at 75 I would lose signal totally then it would come back. Is this normal or should I demand a better dish, or get it on record with VOOM? What should I do? Levels seem fine other times.

Weather Related...

goingup said:
Did anyone else lose there signal on and off last night in the New Jersey area? I checked my signal level and it was fluctuating from 74 to 78. I believe at 75 I would lose signal totally then it would come back. Is this normal or should I demand a better dish, or get it on record with VOOM? What should I do? Levels seem fine other times.

I think the storms we had in the area last night had a lot to do with it. I did not loose my signal, but I did notice signal degradation during the worst parts of the storm.

You probably got doe icing/sleet/heavy wet snow, on the dish, i live in Northeaster PA and had to go brush the dish last night also. Usually the sun the following morning will melt it away if you don'y have access to the dish. This is sat people, snow storms will knock out service sometimes :)

I lost signal on all but the OTA channels for most of the day yesterday here in MD. We had some rain, but I wouldn't have called it exceptionally heavy. To their credit, Voom are sending a tech out next Monday.

roachxp said:
The only issue I had was magically my boxes decided to lock themselves with a parental pin code. :confused:
Mine did that after I upgraded to VaVaVoom. The 'default' PIN is 0000.

go to Voom --> parental lockout (or whatever it's called) and from there you can un-PIN it. I had to do all three on mine.

Shawn

Suffering a PIN Code "Enhancement"

Same thing here. Both my receivers magically acquired a Parental PIN code that I didn't set and didn't want. This occurred right after a VaVaVOOM re-hit from VOOM Central about 9 days ago.

Shawn's instructions (just above) to correct things are spot on.