Anyone making a spring FTA "to do list"?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
I call this time of year "dish planting season" and I am expecting a bumper crop this year. :)

During the winter we moved from Florida to Pennsylvania, so I have none of my FTA dishes up and running. I hope to install at least 4-5 of the 14 dishes that we had shipped here during the move.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
well lets see...since it was 70 today

-redid all the cabling. I installed my 8x1 switch and hooked up most of the LNB's to it
-moved the 36" dish to the roof for G10/119
-installed a 4x4 switch behind the C-Band dish and ran the cabling to that
-ran wires from roof (G10/119) to respective switches (G10 to 4x4, 119 to SW21)
-removed some cabling and switches from the top of the table

icstephen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 4, 2005
Canton, Oh
I have 2 KU dishes in the garage I want to put up, I just bought a dish (circular) lnb at a hamfest for $5.00 so I want to get that going this year. I also really really want to get a C-band dish up this year, I have an analog reciever in the closet and want to get thet going (as soon as I swap out all those darn universal lnbfs).

I also want to experiment with putting to gather muli-feed brackets on my existing dishes.

RVD420

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 4, 2004
Parts Unknown
I am moving my motorized dish to a 5ft pole I am putting in the yard so I can view the whole sky with one dish.

I am also re-running and burying cable.

I also am going to run 3 RG6 cables to each bedroom, the living room, and kitchen.
Have them all goto a central location.

gabshere

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 20, 2006
Rison , Arkansas
got all my cable buried but .... i have to work all weekend :( maybe everyone else can enjoy the weather and do some FTA stuff... i will be setting up several stationary mounts next week and probably be mounting a new pole for my old 10 ft dish.

Das Hammer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 16, 2006
Too close to Ohio
Got most of mine finished up yesterday. Replaced the corotor on the 10' dish with a BSC621. It is now an FTA only dish! This has been a dream of mine since about the time I put it in 3 years ago. The 1.2 meter is now supplying the 4DTV receiver with X4 Ku. Built a media center PC and am watching Ku4DTV through the media center. Better guide and pvr capability!

Only thing left to do is install a "stealth" Primestar dish fixed on Galaxy16 @ 99W (RIP G4R) for the 4D and in turn free up the 1.2 meter for motorized Ku again. Big dish will be able to do C and Ku FTA, but will be mostly used for C. Probably will get parked on AMC3@87W for TVU or Echo13@121W for the muxes there.

bigOleB

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2005
SC
Ive got to run some new cables and replace my ailing motor...

bidaw

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 29, 2005
I need to rewire my rat nest of cabling and do some serious cable management. I finally got the setup to pull most all that I could ever want...be it analog, digital, 4:2:0, 4:2:2, or HD. Now I need to just make it pretty, and to sell off the equipment that I don't currently use.

Anole

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 22, 2005
L.A., Calif.
This Spring, I will be installing a 180cm dish on an H180 HH Motor.
I sure as heck wish someone would !
I'm itchin' to read more about that . :cool:

...and your new Vbox variant, too.
There are certain things that -could- be done with those...
... but it's just a waiting game to see what happens.

Of course, that'd all get a thread by itself....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)