Anyone making a spring FTA "to do list"?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I call this time of year "dish planting season" and I am expecting a bumper crop this year. :)

During the winter we moved from Florida to Pennsylvania, so I have none of my FTA dishes up and running. I hope to install at least 4-5 of the 14 dishes that we had shipped here during the move.

well lets see...since it was 70 today

-redid all the cabling. I installed my 8x1 switch and hooked up most of the LNB's to it
-moved the 36" dish to the roof for G10/119
-installed a 4x4 switch behind the C-Band dish and ran the cabling to that
-ran wires from roof (G10/119) to respective switches (G10 to 4x4, 119 to SW21)
-removed some cabling and switches from the top of the table

I have 2 KU dishes in the garage I want to put up, I just bought a dish (circular) lnb at a hamfest for $5.00 so I want to get that going this year. I also really really want to get a C-band dish up this year, I have an analog reciever in the closet and want to get thet going (as soon as I swap out all those darn universal lnbfs).

I also want to experiment with putting to gather muli-feed brackets on my existing dishes.

I am moving my motorized dish to a 5ft pole I am putting in the yard so I can view the whole sky with one dish.

I am also re-running and burying cable.

I also am going to run 3 RG6 cables to each bedroom, the living room, and kitchen.
Have them all goto a central location.

got all my cable buried but .... i have to work all weekend :( maybe everyone else can enjoy the weather and do some FTA stuff... i will be setting up several stationary mounts next week and probably be mounting a new pole for my old 10 ft dish.

Got most of mine finished up yesterday. Replaced the corotor on the 10' dish with a BSC621. It is now an FTA only dish! This has been a dream of mine since about the time I put it in 3 years ago. The 1.2 meter is now supplying the 4DTV receiver with X4 Ku. Built a media center PC and am watching Ku4DTV through the media center. Better guide and pvr capability!

Only thing left to do is install a "stealth" Primestar dish fixed on Galaxy16 @ 99W (RIP G4R) for the 4D and in turn free up the 1.2 meter for motorized Ku again. Big dish will be able to do C and Ku FTA, but will be mostly used for C. Probably will get parked on AMC3@87W for TVU or Echo13@121W for the muxes there.

Ive got to run some new cables and replace my ailing motor...

I need to rewire my rat nest of cabling and do some serious cable management. I finally got the setup to pull most all that I could ever want...be it analog, digital, 4:2:0, 4:2:2, or HD. Now I need to just make it pretty, and to sell off the equipment that I don't currently use.

This Spring, I will be installing a 180cm dish on an H180 HH Motor.
I sure as heck wish someone would !
I'm itchin' to read more about that . :cool:

...and your new Vbox variant, too.
There are certain things that -could- be done with those...
... but it's just a waiting game to see what happens.

Of course, that'd all get a thread by itself....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)