anyone near erie pa. receive any tv channels from canada?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

solarvic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 17, 2019
Hadley, pa.
Finally got my televese antenna mounted above my roof about 4 feet. It gets me all erie pa channels thru about 125 foot of coax wire at the antenna location. antenna amplifier and inside amplifier not connected that powers the antenna amplifier. It should take about 60 feet of of coax to get to my inside amplifier. My zip is 16130 and used to get hamilton and toronto ontario in analog days. I was wondering if anyone in erie area can get any tv stations on the other side of the lake from the canadian side. Most of the antenna websites say I can,t get any tv stations from my location.

As far south as your zip code places you, I highly doubt it. Erie and Youngstown are likely your best bets.

- Trip

I lived in Niagara Falls until 1971. Occasionally we saw analog channel 12 in Erie, PA. This happens due to ducting over Lake Erie. The same temperature duct can happen from Erie to Hamilton or Toronto. Propagation software does not consider lake effect.

The reason I don,t pay much attention to channel charts is if I did I wouldn,t even put up an antenna. Some of the sites say there is O channels available @ my address. I can get channels from Cleveland area in ohio Akron ohio, wheeling wva. Stubenville ohio, hermatage pa. johnstown, pa. and a lot of channels from pittsburg pa. That little televese antenna gets all the channels from erie pa including channel 12 which is rf 12 vhf. On the back side of the antenna I get all the youngstown ohio channels and the inside amplifier isn,t even connected yet. Probably canada might be too far away but I was hopefull I am about 50 miles road miles from lake erie road miles and probably a few miles less as the crow flies. I was wondering if there are any tv stations on the canadian shore side of lake erie . I tryed entering canadian home address,s but our usa channels wouldn,t give any information for canadian tv.

Reactions: FTA4PA
The reason I don,t pay much attention to channel charts is if I did I wouldn,t even put up an antenna. Some of the sites say there is O channels available @ my address.
Same here. Most sites say I will get none here or have a very difficult time getting a few of the strongest but I get the entire Wilkes-Barre/Scranton market of 26 channels. :)

Reactions: solarvic
And when a friend of mine moved to San Juan Capistrano, CA I told him there was no way to get TV reception. Then he called one day and said the neighbors had put up this wire mesh thing with wire X structures in front of it up on a pole. Did I think it was a TV antenna?
Reception will always be spotty there but it works for a vacation home.

Reactions: solarvic and FTA4PA
As far south as your zip code places you, I highly doubt it. Erie and Youngstown are likely your best bets.

- Trip
I agree with Trip that It is very unlikely that I can,t get into Canada from my location. I had the televese antenna set so I could get channel 12 and got all the channels available from erie pa. The back of the antenna gets all the Youngstown ohio channels. Tonight I was also receiving Jhonstown Pa, kdka in pittsburg and steubenville ohio. I know I will not receive the last 3 channels with that antenna. My tower with the big low vhf/ uhf all channel antenna has a bad rotator not aimed to any good direction. I have the tower mounted on a hinge so I can lay the tower to make repairs. got a yausa rotator to install and think I will replace the copper coated iron coax with solid copper quad shield. My coax run is close to 150 foot length. Also I ordered a led dusk to dawn light to install on the tower. Was wondering if the led bulb will cause me any interference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)