Anyone need remotes for a 722k or a 211k?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Brodieb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
Maryville, MO
I had a Hopper and Joey system installed yesterday and the installer told me to keep the remotes and manuals from my old receivers. He said they would be thrown away and just to keep a hold of them. Sounded kind of odd to me, but I did what he said.

So now I have an extra 211k remote (the old grey one) and the remote 1 and 2 (an IR and UHF/IR) from the 722k - does anyone need them? I would be happy to send them your way if you cover shipping.

We could put them to good use. I have a FedEx account we could use for shipping.

Brodieb said:
I had a Hopper and Joey system installed yesterday and the installer told me to keep the remotes and manuals from my old receivers. He said they would be thrown away and just to keep a hold of them. Sounded kind of odd to me, but I did what he said.

So now I have an extra 211k remote (the old grey one) and the remote 1 and 2 (an IR and UHF/IR) from the 722k - does anyone need them? I would be happy to send them your way if you cover shipping.

Yeah, remotes just get trashed. So its legit.

Makes me wonder, why does Dish want the remotes back if you cancel then? Just an excuse to charge extra if they are not returned?

I've never seen a charge for an unreturned remote. When we send a replacement remote, we also do not ask that the defective remote be sent back

Oh, just remember years ago when I canceled Dish they wanted the remotes back along with the LNB, and of course the receivers. Good to know though! You're right, my mother had to have tons of remotes replaced back in '08 as they kept draining batteries every couple of weeks. She finally got a pair that didn't do that anymore, but she had a stockpile of defective remotes that she didn't throw away until 2 years later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts