Anyone own a Vizio Plasma?

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
I know the current 50" 720p has some good reviews for the price range. Im lurking over tv's for the next few mo's and came upon the new 50" and 60" plasmas for June of 2008, sound pretty impressive for the prices, especially the 50" VP504F 1080p. Having the HQV built in ought to make lower rez tv look pretty good. Also has a 30000:1 CR.

Vizio cranks out new plasma lineup - Engadget HD

Vizio's on quite the rampage today as CES gets going, and it's kicking things off with a new line of plasmas. The new VP series includes the 32-inch VP322 ($689), 42-inch VP422 ($999) / VP423 ($999), 50-inch VP503 ($1,399) / VP504F ($1,699) and the flagship 60-inch VP605F ($2,899). The latter two are Vizio's pride and joy of this bunch, as they both sport Silicon Optix HQV processing, 1080p resolution, an integrated ATSC / Clear-QAM tuner, 30,000:1 contrast ratio and four HDMI 1.3 inputs.

If GL doesn't shoot ya, I will :D Don't even think about it.

S~

Haha, OK. I have actually avoided them, the price scares me. Was just interested in the REON idea, seems cool.

Im torn between LCD and Plasma. That W series Sony is really tempting, but everyone says the LCD's cant do as good of blacks.

I guess its a matter of which is more important, 1080p/24 or CRatio. New models will be out by the time I make my purchase anyways.

So I have about 6-7 mo's more to do this :what

The W series is pretty good. I have an XBR4 in my bedroom which I enjoy very much.

S~

The more I look at it, it seems it's a damn good LCD.

XBR is prob a little more than I want to spend. May be smart to look into when the next gen is coming and pick up one of these while its on the way out.

Are you happy with the blacks on the LCD's. Also, hows the motion blur. Ive heard they've gotten much better.

I imagine going from the Sony RPLCD I have, any of these are going to improve the PQ, but Id like for this TV to be my last one for awhile.

I'm also torn between 720p and 1080p. I sit 11 feet away from a 46", just don't know that 1080p will do much for me. It wont according to this chart off avs, but someones eyes may tell them differently.

Attachments

• hdtv_distance_chart.pdf
    12.6 KB · Views: 245
The more I look at it, it seems it's a damn good LCD.

XBR is prob a little more than I want to spend. May be smart to look into when the next gen is coming and pick up one of these while its on the way out.

Are you happy with the blacks on the LCD's. Also, hows the motion blur. Ive heard they've gotten much better.

I imagine going from the Sony RPLCD I have, any of these are going to improve the PQ, but Id like for this TV to be my last one for awhile.

I'm also torn between 720p and 1080p. I sit 11 feet away from a 46", just don't know that 1080p will do much for me. It wont according to this chart off avs, but someones eyes may tell them differently.

I'd wait until summer, prices are going down big time for the 1080p sets.
I'd buy a Sony XBR, or a Pioneer elite, or the new Panasonic Viera, or the Samsung LCD's.
Those are great companies, you can also consider Sharp in there too.