Anyone pay their Dish bill with debit card? Extra charge?

scott78945

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
I just looked at my bank account and I pay with my Visa check card which is obviously linked to my account. I noticed that Dish is taking out an additional $.50 each month when they automatically deduct for my bill each month. Anyone else pay like this and is this "normal"? I am going over to Dish Network site now to do some investigating but wanted to ask you guys here first.

We use autopay with credit card and don't pay extra, in fact they bend over backwards to get you to use credit card. Are you sure it's not because you are using a check card (extra charge from your bank)?

I pay with debit card through their website. No extra charge. And I do it manually each month as soon as the statement hits the mail box.

i have credit card autopay with dish and i use my debit card. i have never noticed any additional charges to my bill.

I will have to contact my bank then. This is the only bill where I am charged the extra $.50 and I pay everything with it. I will have to get to he bottom of it. Thanks for the replies.

I agree with the last post. Chances are if they run your bank card as a Visa or Mastercard, there would be no surcharges. If it is run as a debit card some banks, including mine add a per transaction fee similar in concept to using some other banks atm. I would suggest you make sure they are running it as a credit card.

Our voice not heard!!!

Newbie confused over all the HDTV speculation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)