Anyone pointed a slimline w/ an H21 - is it even possible?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

josh256

Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Howdy,

I've read ~100 posts on the slimline and know I should be using a decent sat finder/meter for this but since that will take at least a week to order in the interim I'm curious if the H21 stands a shot on its own?

I'm pre-configured correctly (100% plumb, gps based tilt from dishpointer.com [~1 degree off from directv zip based setting], etc) and no matter what I do I can't get any reading on the TV (using 101' tp1.. have tried 110 briefly).

Details:
I got the H21 initialized a few days ago on the old dish and am now locked out from the dish setup (on my D11 I could respec postal code, dish type, etc on every boot).. when it boots now if I press menu and go into settings (which is the only option) my location is locked (western NY zip) and it goes straight to the transponder levels w/ no way to respec location, dish type, etc.. that's all good as long as I can re-estabish a single.. which I can't...

WELCOME to the site!

I aimed my slimline using an H20 and it worked fine. Once you find 101, the rest is easy.

I think if you wait 5 minutes or so instead of going right to setup, it will give you the full menu options, then you can go to signal meter.

If you really gotta, tune it with the D-11. Set the D-11 for 3LNB dish inless they show 5.....I don't think so.........Tune the 101 & 119. When they are equal......push a very little bit toward the 119 and see what you get on the H21..should be there.

Reset the H21.

Joe

If you really gotta, tune it with the D-11. Set the D-11 for 3LNB dish inless they show 5.....I don't think so.........Tune the 101 & 119. When they are equal......push a very little bit toward the 119 and see what you get on the H21..should be there.

Reset the H21.

Joe

That sounds more like the way to do a 3 LNB dish. With a 5 LNB, I would peak on 101 in az and el, then adjust tilt to maximize 119. At that point, hopefully you will be close enough to get a signal reading on 103 with the H21 and you should go back and forth between az and el to get the best peak.

I happened to setup a SlimLine in about 20 -30mins with an H21 and a heading compass, BUT, I would never be able to talk someone through it via email, BB or telephone.

thanks all for the pointers.... ;)

.. I'm thinking Acutrac III. Found a company that provides 10-day rentals for $50 but with the birthday coming up in 2 weeks I might run it by the boss and see what she thinks..

It sounds dumb, but make sure your cables are going directly from the slimline to your reciever, not through splitters or anything. My DTV installer wasted 2 hours by not realizing that the cable he wanted to get to my TV had been split by the cable company many years ago.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)