Adding 2 additional receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

heavenhell323

Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
hi,
i have some questions, hope u guys can help me out.
the story is this:
i currently have 2 receivers and want to get 2 more receivers in my other rooms, so i called DTV, the rep told me i would need to pay like $250 for it. ($69 x 2 for receivers + $80 installation + $19.95 shipping + tax) which i think is ridiculous, cos i have just subscribed DTV for like 1 month, it would have been free if i got them at that time. so i asked if i can just purchase the receivers and install myself since the wiring is already there from previous satellite, but he kept repeating all those fees to me and said thats my only option. i didnt believe him because i heard sth abt self installation b4. so i hung up the phone and called again. this time, another rep told me pretty much the same, but w/ an option that i can get the receivers from local retailer and install myself.
so i surfed the web and asked some fds. 1 of my fd is able to give me a used receiver but w/o an access card in it, and i saw ebay, ppl r selling used receivers.
so, my question is: can i use those used receivers? will DTV activate them for me? anyone know where to get an access card? or can i ask DTV for an access card? how much? and how to activate it?
thanks a lot for ur help

hi,
i have some questions, hope u guys can help me out.
the story is this:
i currently have 2 receivers and want to get 2 more receivers in my other rooms, so i called DTV, the rep told me i would need to pay like $250 for it. ($69 x 2 for receivers + $80 installation + $19.95 shipping + tax) which i think is ridiculous, cos i have just subscribed DTV for like 1 month, it would have been free if i got them at that time. so i asked if i can just purchase the receivers and install myself since the wiring is already there from previous satellite, but he kept repeating all those fees to me and said thats my only option. i didnt believe him because i heard sth abt self installation b4. so i hung up the phone and called again. this time, another rep told me pretty much the same, but w/ an option that i can get the receivers from local retailer and install myself.
so i surfed the web and asked some fds. 1 of my fd is able to give me a used receiver but w/o an access card in it, and i saw ebay, ppl r selling used receivers.
so, my question is: can i use those used receivers? will DTV activate them for me? anyone know where to get an access card? or can i ask DTV for an access card? how much? and how to activate it?
thanks a lot for ur help
$20/access card D* only source. USD RCVR MAY b Trble. Seeing you like abbreviations.

Well, another option would be to see this ebay seller (authorized D* retailer) Get a NEW basic STB for $40 shipped (with NEW access card), install it and call D* to activate it once done. (He has other receivers as well)

I ordered a couple of HD/DVRs from him as they were cheaper than D* as I was a new customer as well.

SATELLITE 4 U

eBay Store - SATELLITE 4 U:

If you "buy" from DirecTV directly, they are Leased receivers. Basically anything new will tagged as leased in D*'s system. ANy used or previously owned receiver will require a call to the Access Card Dept. to have a new one sent to 20 bucks as previously stated.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts