anyone receive metv on a 1.2m mini bud

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Nope. Last year I could get it 90% of the time with a 6 footer, but nothing smaller. Even with the 6 footer it would go down on weekends when they fired up that adjacent sports transponder.

I remember a person on here from up in Canada (Montreal or thereabouts) that claimed in a posting some time ago they were getting it on a 1~ meter dish. Hard to believe, but maybe they are in a sweet spot.

I'd like to get and compare lists for mini-bud results. It would be quite useful for those who want to experiment with it.

Cheers, K

I would say look at the eirp value in your area. I cannot Metv on C band that was on 101w needed a 6' dish to get it. only ones that I have picked up are 99w for sure, 91w, 116, 121, and 123w but it struggles with those at 1 meter.

Dan rose

I have a 1.2M mini bud dish and I only get a few channels on 101W and not MEtv. I did try.

The picture is deceiving, but left to right, 3 ft channel master, 5 ft Echostar, and 1.2M (4 ft) channel master. Once I experienced real C band on a real C Band dish, nothing else would due... None of these are currently being used.

and to answer your question on METV, NO. On the 1.2M I could get the Puerto Rico MUX on 99W "most of the time", but when it went out, I never knew whether it was my dish, their uplink, hurricane over PR, or what....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 207
The picture is deceiving, but left to right, 3 ft channel master, 5 ft Echostar, and 1.2M (4 ft) channel master. Once I experienced real C band on a real C Band dish, nothing else would due... None of these are currently being used.

and to answer your question on METV, NO. On the 1.2M I could get the Puerto Rico MUX on 99W "most of the time", but when it went out, I never knew whether it was my dish, their uplink, hurricane over PR, or what....

may have found my BUD so i may not have to worry about using the 1.2 for cband

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts