Anyone See A Problem With....

cooper

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 15, 2003
Long Island, NY
running the lines from my two E* sats down from my roof through the leaders and gutters and into a hole in my foundation? I'm having my house resided and would sure like to hide all those wires (6 of them-still legacy not dishpro yet). Currently they're strapped to those same leaders and gutters using wire ties.

Thanks in advance.
Coop

The problems I see are future service of those cables if they are hidden under new siding. There is always the possibility of a nail being driven in to a cable while putting up the siding.

They won't be under the siding. I just want to pull them through the leaders and lay them in the gutters like a conduit.

cooper said:
They won't be under the siding. I just want to pull them through the leaders and lay them in the gutters like a conduit.

As long as they're "flooded" cables you shouldn't have a problem. If they aren't rated for direct burial (basically what it would be inside a gutter with water and leaves, etc), you could have problems later on. You could go buy actual PVC conduit for about a buck and a quarter per joint and have a pretty tidy install.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts