Anyone see Michael Jordan's Hall of Fame speech?

I was referring to the public's questions. He was answering the public. People are always badgering him with questions like "What's it like to be Michael Jordan", and "Where did you get your motivation from?" Jordan simply explained that he was driven by various slights against him. Some were real, some were perceived. You can say it's petty and he should let it go, but he was honest. Now people act like they're shocked. What a bitter man he is. Fine. But Jordan is hardly alone. I can't wait to hear Kobe Bryant's induction speech. Of course if he has any sense he'll just say he played for the love of the game, and to make children happy. :rolleyes: Cough, Bullsh!t, cough.

LMAO!!:up:up:up

At least MJ spoke from the heart and off the cuff. Everyone else read from a piece of paper.

I honestly think he brought a little piece of paper to make sure he didn't forget anyone. I know for a FACT, that this has been on his chest for years and for years he bit his tongue.

I honestly think he brought a little piece of paper to make sure he didn't forget anyone. I know for a FACT, that this has been on his chest for years and for years he bit his tongue.

You get the feeling he didn't need paper, because all of his perceived slights are obviously seared into his brain. And he didn't forget anyone, that's for sure...he reminded anyone and everyone he's better than they thought/think he was.

Odd, considering he's arguably the most revered, recognized athlete in the world.

Sandra

You get the feeling he didn't need paper, because all of his perceived slights are obviously seared into his brain. And he didn't forget anyone, that's for sure...he reminded anyone and everyone he's better than they thought/think he was.

Odd, considering he's arguably the most revered, recognized athlete in the world.

Sandra

But he is human like everyone else, with their own insecurities.

Did he knock Jack Ramsey for picking Sam Bowie with the #2 pick?

If the draft was held today, I'd still take Olajuan first.

The best player of all time? Probably. The pettiest of all time. Probably not, but close!
If you were that good, and he was, act like it! Be professional. Like Bear Bryant said, act like you have been there before. IOW, have some class. Jordan has none.

"Human" or "insecure?" I'd say both.

Absolutely! How is he any different than anyone else emotionally. This is a problem I have with fans and media making athletes more than they really are.
The ONLY think Michael Jordan can do better than most is play basketball(even at 45+) and make money. Other than that....he is no different than you or I.

Absolutely! How is he any different than anyone else emotionally. This is a problem I have with fans and media making athletes more than they really are.
The ONLY think Michael Jordan can do better than most is play basketball(even at 45+) and make money. Other than that....he is no different than you or I.
It's not uncommon for people who achieve greatness to be driven by insecurities. This happens not just in sports, but politics, and business. Maybe Jordan could have delivered his speech better, but it's not a secret that he's been motivated by people or events that he felt were unfair to him.

I think Jordan feels especially insecure these days because he can't do his talking on the court anymore. You've got people saying, with a straight face, that Kobe or Lebron are better players than Jordan was. Do you know what he would do to those guys if he were still playing? Same thing he did to Byron Russell and every other fool that talked trash to him back in the day. You've also got people criticizing Jordan's management skills with the Bobcats, with some just cause. Jordan must feel frustrated that he can't lace em up anymore and make that team win. I think he had a lot to get off his chest. If you don't like it fine. People didn't like losing to him either, but he's still the best, and nothing anybody says changes that.

Agreed. Everyone needs acknowledgement from their peers, especially athletes.

It's not uncommon for people who achieve greatness to be driven by insecurities. This happens not just in sports, but politics, and business. Maybe Jordan could have delivered his speech better, but it's not a secret that he's been motivated by people or events that he felt were unfair to him.

I think Jordan feels especially insecure these days because he can't do his talking on the court anymore. You've got people saying, with a straight face, that Kobe or Lebron are better players than Jordan was. Do you know what he would do to those guys if he were still playing? Same thing he did to Byron Russell and every other fool that talked trash to him back in the day. You've also got people criticizing Jordan's management skills with the Bobcats, with some just cause. Jordan must feel frustrated that he can't lace em up anymore and make that team win. I think he had a lot to get off his chest. If you don't like it fine. People didn't like losing to him either, but he's still the best, and nothing anybody says changes that.

I agree 1000%!

What I am trying to point out is that successfull men/women are never satisfied with what they have.
I don't believe that's the point here. He used the HOF pulpit to rub the noses of people who he perceives did not believe in him and his abilities. This was the first HOF induction I can recall seeing where the tone of the acceptance speech is basically , ":neener, I told you so!!!"

Obviously he harbored some ill feelings toward some that he wanted to get off his chest. If his speech made him feel better then good for him, more power to him, and I could care less one way or the other.

Personally, I would've taken the higher ground by thanking those that helped me get there, and letting my achievements themselves have the "stick this up your arse" effect on those who said I couldn't do it. Seems the more mature thing to do if you ask me.

Just my opinion. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts