Anyone selling the dish door to door?

danjen1

Original poster
Dec 23, 2005
I know someone who sells Direct tv & Dish Network door to door and earns over $100.00 per sale. Just wondering if anyone else is doing this. It seems like a good way of making extra money.

Warning Trespassers: I have two attack dogs who just love meaty trespasser ass. Assuming you survive the bone gnawing fangs, I would further point out that I am a distinguished shooter with both the rifle and pistol.

Good way to make money? Not on my property...it's a good way to get yourself killed!;)

Just as bad if not worse than used car salesmen, lawyers, DMV employee's, IRS agents, poloticians, CEO's, anyone with manager in theyr title.

stone phillips420 said:
who, door to door salesman or dishnetwork techs? lol
Too funny!:D Seriously, good techs are hard to find and worth their weight in gold. Unfortunately, these guys are hard to find on the peanuts E* and D* pay them...probably why most are doing commercial work while the flunkies are busy flunking up many residential installs.

Personally, I would love to see E* and D* pay to train and retain their best techs and move away from the so-called "free install" mentality.

riffjim4069 said:
Too funny!:D Seriously, good techs are hard to find and worth their weight in gold. Unfortunately, these guys are hard to find on the peanuts E* and D* pay them...probably why most are doing commercial work while the flunkies are busy flunking up many residential installs.

Personally, I would love to see E* and D* pay to train and retain their best techs and move away from the so-called "free install" mentality.

Not a bad idea. You get what you pay for.

riffjim4069 said:

I'd love it to make double what I do now but that wont happen, as it is Im one of the 5 highest paid in my shop now and thats only because I was around on the old pay scale of hourly plus bonus, incentives, and commission that was dropped and replaced with an adjusted hourly scale thats supposed to reflect the local industry market but if thats the case then I should be making $24 atleast instead of $16 an hour.

But as I said it wont happen, E and now D like the fact that they can pay us less to do what a sub or dealer does, they also like the fact that they have better control over quality than what they do with the subs and dealers ( argue about it all you want but Ive been in 6 diferent states and seen work done by subs and dealers that would piss off the good ones that post on here ) though there is still work to be done on quality within the companies themselves. I'd personaly like to see the dealers and subs stay as I do recommend to customers that require complicated work or work that we are not allowed to do to contact one of the local outfits.

Van said:
seen work done by subs and dealers that would piss off the good ones that post on here
Yup - I've seen it too. :(

I always say go with a local, but I really should be saying "go with a local that's still in business after at least 3-5 years".

This is the only industry that offer free installation. If DTV and Dish offer the installation free, so the programming as well. IF THEY SAID FREE.
IT SHOULD FREE FOR EVERYTHING.

You guy may notice in my signature I also doing venthood, thats no $30.00 product, thats $ 300.00 plus in selling price. and we charge for the installation, take down old hood and put up the new one, thats $60.00 and if there need to open up a hole with extra duct, $160.00 is easy.

With the current labour cost, satellite installation is the only one below standard level pay. We recently had the water heater broke, call for service, end up replace with a new water heater, the cost on the paper is $685.99, this included a 5 hears warranty 30 gallon water heater few over price accessories which are twice the prices from home depot, which the labour is 65% on this invoice. Funny thing is, $30.00 for the heater pull from the garage to the ally ground which is only a 20 walking steps this I have to say F--King.

SimpleSimon said:
Yup - I've seen it too. :(
I always say go with a local, but I really should be saying "go with a local that's still in business after at least 3-5 years".

Thats the key right there, 3 - 5 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts