Anyone still miss VOOM?

Roxor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Indiana
It's almost 3 years now that Dish dropped VOOM. Of course, at the time we did not know what the reasoning was, but the truth will set you free. Dish bought the VOOM satellite when the company went almost belly up and renamed it Echostar XII. There's a reason for everything.

If you want to talk TRUTH you should at least get the facts correct.

DISH wanted to keep VOOM, but after DISH pruned the channels with low viewership VOOM demanded that they return all 15 channels of drop them all.

DISH then dropped them all.

If VOOM didn't do this they would still be on DISH today. You don't give Charlie and ultimatium.

It's almost 3 years now that Dish dropped VOOM. Of course, at the time we did not know what the reasoning was, but the truth will set you free. Dish bought the VOOM satellite when the company went almost belly up and renamed it Echostar XII. There's a reason for everything.

I miss the original Voom DBS service and its channels, not the abortion of cut back channels it was under Ergen.

Frankly, to a real former Voomer, asking a Dish sub if he misses Voom under Dish is like asking the family dog if he misses the the kernels of corn, bread crumbs and scrap of beef fat that fell off your dinner plate onto the floor. The poor mutt didnt know how good the dinner you had was to begin with. LOL

I agree with you Vurbano. As an early adopter of the Voom service, they were unequaled in the amount of HD channels offered, and the unrezzed quality of the picture. Not to mention the reasonable cost compared to what the satellite companies charge today. Twas a sad day indeed when the lights went out.

This is nuts voom went bankrupt due to bad management. Voom does not even exit anymore as rainbow media killed the service due to lack of subscriber.

I was hopping that the voom threads would be done with.

I brought back dish in 2004 or 5? When Voom landed on dish. I must say I was very excited to have any incarnation of Voom. I literally Missed getting Voom by a day. The DBS service went belly up when I tried to subscribe. I was really unhappy about that.
I must say I still miss Voom terribly. Really nothing like it. Plus their hd picture was the best I've ever seen.
Too bad some of the channels can't resurface. That would be something!

I loved Rush HD, and Rave HD as well as I watched several other Voom Channels. The problem was the content on those channels was replayed ad-naseum. I have seen some of the Rainbow Media content pop up on Discovery HD theater from time to time. The Picture quality on the Voom Channels was stunning, though

whatever happened to the guy that was going to file a class action lawsuit over the whole matter?

:( I do miss its different kind of lineup, really liked the retro shows and the racing club show from a ranch in Texas. It had a different demographic angle. It was gone within three weeks of my upgrade. I was really disappointed, had got used to watching it in that short time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts