Anyone still miss VOOM?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yeah. I really still miss it. (notice my avatar?) Commercial free very interest specific channels...

For grins, I tuned to Band of Brothers marathon this past weekend on Spike. Literally 6.5 minute commercial breaks about every eight minutes. I don't know how anyone tolerates that. And yeah, I know how to push the skip-ahead button 13 times...

Off-topic, all these mainstream HD channels that everyone's happy to have...they've gone bonkers. Blocks of the same show for 6 hours straight on so many of them, and being unable to stay true to their original intention/purpose (History showing Pawn Stars, SyFy showing wrestling, TruTv showing March Madness, Weather Channel showing Movies, and hardly any weather etc), has me scratching my head. The way this is going, ESPN will eventually find it financially necessary to air reruns of Desperate Housewives :)

Totally miss Treasure, Equator, Gallery, Rave, WorldCinema and Film Fest...

And off-off-topic, sure wish Dish would bring back SmithsonianHD...

I recall Flipper was on one of the VOOM channels. It was pillar-boxed, but not at the 4x3 ratio. It was a little wider. Were they showing it in its original aspect ratio (in which it was filmed)? Or were they proportionally stretching it, but not to the full 16x9 ratio?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)