Anyone Talking Boston Yet?

What exactly are you fixing? :)

?Anyway, I've heard plenty of "fixin to" come out as "fiddenda" here. Makes me barf. :) Sorry, I put in an extra "to" in my post above.

At least southerners tend to talk slower so even if they have a thick accent they're still understandable for the most part. I also have a thing for ladies with southern accents (also British accents) so I guess that explains why my gf has a southern accent :D .

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

At least southerners tend to talk slower so even if they have a thick accent they're still understandable for the most part. I also have a thing for ladies with southern accents (also British accents) so I guess that explains why my gf has a southern accent :D .
I get what you're saying...southern accents only really work on slow, southern belles :eek:

I get what you're saying...southern accents only really work on slow, southern belles :eek:

No I'm saying that a lot of dialects talk so fast that their words start combining into unintelligible phrases.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

One of the funniest thing I ever saw on Beverly Hillbillies was when Jed was bragging about Jethro to someone. It went something like this.
Jed: He's real good with his guzintas. Go ahead boy, show him.
Jethro: 2 guzinta 4 2 times. 2 guzinta 6 3 times.

Now this is how you talk Boston.:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts