Anyone Talking Boston Yet? (1 Viewer)

dare2be

SatelliteGuys God
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
FL
What exactly are you fixing? :)

?Anyway, I've heard plenty of "fixin to" come out as "fiddenda" here. Makes me barf. :) Sorry, I put in an extra "to" in my post above.

3HaloODST

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 2, 2010
Earth
At least southerners tend to talk slower so even if they have a thick accent they're still understandable for the most part. I also have a thing for ladies with southern accents (also British accents) so I guess that explains why my gf has a southern accent :D .

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

dare2be

SatelliteGuys God
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
FL
At least southerners tend to talk slower so even if they have a thick accent they're still understandable for the most part. I also have a thing for ladies with southern accents (also British accents) so I guess that explains why my gf has a southern accent :D .
I get what you're saying...southern accents only really work on slow, southern belles :eek:

3HaloODST

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 2, 2010
Earth
I get what you're saying...southern accents only really work on slow, southern belles :eek:

No I'm saying that a lot of dialects talk so fast that their words start combining into unintelligible phrases.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

tallfence

SatelliteGuys Guru
Dec 1, 2010
New Hampshire
One of the funniest thing I ever saw on Beverly Hillbillies was when Jed was bragging about Jethro to someone. It went something like this.
Jed: He's real good with his guzintas. Go ahead boy, show him.
Jethro: 2 guzinta 4 2 times. 2 guzinta 6 3 times.

Teehar

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2010
WNC
Now this is how you talk Boston.:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts