This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Anyone Talking Boston Yet?

Sir,I am totally offended by your comment.We southerners take pride in our dialect.We make fun of Boston,New York,and other northern accents.
Are you fiddenda start a fight?

What exactly are you fixing?

?Anyway, I've heard plenty of "fixin to" come out as "fiddenda" here. Makes me barf. Sorry, I put in an extra "to" in my post above.

At least southerners tend to talk slower so even if they have a thick accent they're still understandable for the most part. I also have a thing for ladies with southern accents (also British accents) so I guess that explains why my gf has a southern accent .

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I get what you're saying...southern accents only really work on slow, southern belles

I get what you're saying...southern accents only really work on slow, southern belles

No I'm saying that a lot of dialects talk so fast that their words start combining into unintelligible phrases.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

One of the funniest thing I ever saw on Beverly Hillbillies was when Jed was bragging about Jethro to someone. It went something like this.
Jed: He's real good with his guzintas. Go ahead boy, show him.
Jethro: 2 guzinta 4 2 times. 2 guzinta 6 3 times.

Now this is how you talk Boston.

Last edited by a moderator: