Anyone use Caavo?

glen4cindy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2004
St. Louis MO, area
I'm just about ready to get this cord cut. Just a few more "must watch" recorded things we have to get watched before we cut them off.

The one big thing that was in my mind was having to use multiple devices to gain access to everything we plan to use. A TiVo for locals, Amazon Fire TV for much of the rest of our streaming content, and a Roku for anything that's left.

I ran across a Caavo device at BB tonight. This is device has 4 HDMI inputs and 1 output and comes with its own remote. According to the box and insert, for its $1.99 / month service fee, the Caavo built-in menu Control Center searches for content across your cable or satellite and streaming results simultaneously — including your DVR listings and program guides. It also links directly to shows and movies within the following apps:

Amazon Prime Video, CBS, HBO GO & HBO NOW, Hulu, iTunes, NBC, Netflix, Plex, Showtime & Showtime Anytime, Starz, TBS, TNT, Vudu, YouTube.

This is exactly the answer I'm looking for! Does anyone have any experience with one of these?

Pay a monthly fee for an HDMI switch? What am I missing?

From everything I understand, it's much more than just an HDMI switch. It's supposed to be an entire sophisticated AI, search and control capabilities built in. Say, for example, "watch the voice", and it figures what devices to turn on, inputs to switch and commands to send to tune to whatever channel or app on the appropriate device to view the program. Even does deep linking into apps on streaming devices.

If this turns out to be true the small fee will be worth it, if nothing else for my family who isn't as AV savvy as myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)