Anyone using Hulu Plus

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Ive started using 94 cent HD downloads on Amazon, and I see Hulu Plus offers a few more that are $3 on Amazon, like Fringe and House, and I think Sons of Anarchy.

Are these HD on Hulu Plus, and whats the PQ like?

I'm tempted. If they ever drop the fee to $4.95/mo which has been rumored around the net, I might pull the trigger at that price, at least to try it for a few months. However, given that research shows 75-80% of the Plus service is already on free Hulu, and that subscribers still have to watch ads, it's not as interesting as it could be. Plus I am still considering the $8.99 netflix plan which has unlimited online streaming.

I am using it right now just to try it out, and its ok. The PQ is pretty good, and selection is decent. The main gripe I have is more of a PS3 issue I think than a problem with Hulu Plus itself. I can not find the shows with the Hulu app on the PS3, but they are available on the PC.
I imagine they will get it fixed though.

I am using it right now just to try it out, and its ok. The PQ is pretty good, and selection is decent. The main gripe I have is more of a PS3 issue I think than a problem with Hulu Plus itself. I can not find the shows with the Hulu app on the PS3, but they are available on the PC.
I imagine they will get it fixed though.

doubt it its prolly a copyright issue

How would it be?
The reason I say it will be fixed is the PS3 app is in Beta at the moment.

Because some of the programming is restricted to the PC, some programming is restricted to mobile, and some programming is restricted to TV. Most fall under Web, Mobile, & TV but you have some programs like most Anime that is restricted to PC only. There is a way to get around this called PlayON, since it's a media server that runs off your computer and transcodes the video and sends it to your DNLA device (PlayStation 3) you can watch all of Hulu (Free & Plus) without the restrictions on your PlayStation 3. The only downside it costs $40 - $70 and the video isn't really true HD. | PlayOn | Watch Hulu, CBS.com, MLB.tv, Netflix, and more on your TV with PlayOn!

Here is my thoughts on HULU plus, they should at least meet the complaints somewhere in the middle. I think shows like Quantum Leap, The Outer Limits, or any other 10-40 year old show on HULU that is only a part of HULU+ should be completely commercial free. It's our subscription that pays for these shows. The current shows our subscription pays for full season archiving for the current season which frees up some peoples DVRs or lets them watch whenever.

I was actually thinking about canceling and increasing my NetFlix subscription to three at a time DVD/Blu Ray again.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have used Playon for some time. I got it at the discount rate months ago. It is a good product.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)