Anyone using the new 1080p ATV3?

I couldnt do shows, we record 30+ hours a week, Id go broke LOL.

But when it comes to getting mailed rentals, or buying discs, I think I may just be using ATV from now on.

How many of those shows are OTA? You might have to buy a lot fewer if you can get a lot of them free. Also a lot of cable shows are on their websites the next day.

I finally brought an ATV3 yesterday. I had an a soon to be expiring $80 Best Buy rewards zone reward. Got an open box ATV3 (which looks like it was never opened, maybe just returned), and ended up paying just $5.40 for it... It works nicely, I just wish Dish would come out with the dish sling app for it, then it could be the mythical sling catcher....

Does Dish still have that OTA DVR they came out with a couple years ago? That could be a valuable tool for dealing with OTA.

Streaming the Star Trek reboot over ATV right now; this is a "purchased" item; as I put the digital copy of the blu-ray in my iTunes library, and now it shows as purchased - and streams from Apple. Excellent PQ and sound.

Just finished The Woman in Black in 1080p. while some scenes are more obvious that it is not a Blu, the pq it does offer and the convenience make it a winner. Tonight for example, changed out mind on the movie choice. Bam! 1 hour later I'm ready to watch the new pick, like that.

I use a PS3 for streaming MLB.tv and Netflix in my mancave (AKA normal basement with an HDTV, AVR with 5.1 setup, game consoles, and a Dish Hopper). This is my first year as a MLB.tv subscriber and I love the picture quality and ease of use on my PS3. As a huge fantasy baseball nerd it was a great purchase.

After a week or two with MLB.tv I decided I had to have a streaming device for my bedroom so I could fall asleep to the west coast games with the sleep timer on my TV. Several people told me that the PS3 has the best picture quality for MLB.tv but I refused to pay $250 for another PS3 that would only be used for streaming. I have an iPhone and have thousands of songs in iTunes so I decided at $99 the Apple TV was a no brainer.

I haven't purchased or rented any video from iTunes in the couple months that I've been using the ATV. It is mostly used for MLB.tv with Netflix used occasionally. This might change shortly once Breaking Bad starts because it looks like AMC won't be available on Dish. I am considering buying another ATV3 for my mancave but it seems unnecessary when I already have a PS3 and 360 hooked to that TV. Other options are just moving the ATV each week when a new episode of Breaking Bad or Walking Dead comes out or purchasing them from Amazon and using my PS3. I would prefer to buy them from iTunes so I can access them from more of my devices.

How long after airing are shows like Breaking Bad available on iTunes? Is it usually a flat $2.99 per episode or is there some kind of series pass to get a discount on the whole season?

Most shows are available next day (well early morning hours).

That's going to work out perfectly for me. I did some googling and it looks like you can get a little discount with a season pass as well. I think I'll order another ATV3 as soon as Dish officially removes AMC so I can keep everything in iTunes without moving the one I have back and forth every week. Looks like my PS3 is going to retire from streaming and stick to games and Bluray from now on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts